My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,891 Posts
Sounds like a nice easy fix on the 2+2. Great score on the clock! Is it electric, or battery operated? If battery, you can pick up a cheap replacement movement (motor) at Michaels.
I just replaced one for the kitchen clock yesterday, using the clock's original hands instead of the hands which were included.

If it's electric, I would think that you could easily convert it over to a battery movement, or find a replacement electric movement on line. Reinstall the original hands though.

·
Super Moderator
12,891 Posts
Definitely not worth fixing, Mike. If you send it to me though, there's a local charity that excepts broken clocks, and all the proceeds go directly to orphaned amphibians. If you could see the happy faces on those little salamanders when I bring in a broken clock............it's so uplifting. I'll pm you my address.
A good effort, Ellis, but I don't think Mike's going for it.:tango_face_grin:

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,261 Posts
A good effort, Ellis, but I don't think Mike's going for it.:tango_face_grin:
I think the fact that ALL the proceeds go to the orphaned amphibians is a big factor, Dave. It's not like there's any dishonest people involved, just looking to skim off the top for their own benefit.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,678 Posts
Guys, Ellis almost sounds serious. We'd better keep an eye on him. :tango_face_glasses:

·
Super Moderator
12,891 Posts
If you could see the happy faces on those little salamanders when I bring in a broken clock............it's so uplifting. I'll pm you my address.
Al, he left out the part of seeing their sad faces just before he throws them in the pot. He calls them "Long Island Crawfish".:tango_face_grin:

·
15,678 Posts

·
Administrator
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I'll keep those fine charities in mind, Ellis and Dave. Orphaned Amphibians, Save the Dave!!! :D

It is an electric clock, three prong cord too. I'd prefer to keep it that way, but if worse comes to worse the battery conversion would do the trick. I'll clean it up some this weekend and take a better photo of it, really is a neat wall clock.

Called the dealer today and the link bushings I need are in stock. They must wear out and need to be replaced if they keep'em on hand. May get a boat ride in this weekend after all! ;)

·
Super Moderator
32,208 Posts
Good luck Mike, hope you get her diled in! I don't know what it is with boat engines... what other engine has so many levers, rods, cranks, and whoisewhatsits, then a outboard??!!

·
Administrator
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Good luck Mike, hope you get her diled in! I don't know what it is with boat engines... what other engine has so many levers, rods, cranks, and whoisewhatsits, then a outboard??!!
You've got that right, Paul! :)

·
16,871 Posts
Sounds like a nice easy fix on the 2+2. Great score on the clock! Is it electric, or battery operated? If battery, you can pick up a cheap replacement movement (motor) at Michaels.
I just replaced one for the kitchen clock yesterday, using the clock's original hands instead of the hands which were included.

If it's electric, I would think that you could easily convert it over to a battery movement, or find a replacement electric movement on line. Reinstall the original hands though.
//////////////////////
Neat old piece of history! Fix it--for sure...E-Bay has a lot of restro parts--just have to look/search.
Nice friend you have also-Mike. Give him a man-hug for us!

glenn

·
Administrator
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
//////////////////////
Neat old piece of history! Fix it--for sure...E-Bay has a lot of restro parts--just have to look/search.
Nice friend you have also-Mike. Give him a man-hug for us!

glenn
Been friends with him for a long time, Glenn, almost 30 years now. There's a history for sure, it goes back farther than us. Our folks grew up in the same neighborhood and were close back in the day.

·
Administrator
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Got the engine running really well yesterday. Installed a couple small parts that got the linkages working nicely with little to no slop now. I ended up adjusting the low idle stop a few turns to give the linkage a little more swing to get the cam off the accelerator pump, and then adjust the idle speed / timing screw from there. Now it idles much more smoothly than I can remember and comes back down to idle imediately when I bring the throttle back to neutral. Was hoping to sea trial it today but windy conditions put the stop to that. Hope to use it a few times before we put her up for the winter. Maybe next weekend.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,261 Posts
Glad to hear you got her dialed in, Mike. Hopefully, you'll get to put it to the test soon!

·
15,678 Posts
Good that you will be able to get to use it at least once more during the season Mike, now that you have it running right.

I'm hoping to keep the boat in for about two more weeks. Maybe the fishing will improve now that the water is cooling down.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Good job, Mike, it'll be nice to think that it's all dialed-in and ready to go for next year too.

Nothin' like the sound of a tuned 2-stroke outboard... love the way these 250s idle. :tango_face_smile:

·
Administrator
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Glad to hear you got her dialed in, Mike. Hopefully, you'll get to put it to the test soon!
I hope so, Ellis. I'd really like to take the family for a nice ride around the bay. Or maybe get in some fishing. Or maybe run the ditch again!

Good that you will be able to get to use it at least once more during the season Mike, now that you have it running right.

I'm hoping to keep the boat in for about two more weeks. Maybe the fishing will improve now that the water is cooling down.
I'm hoping for a little bit of decent weather so I can run her around some, Al. I need to run the tank close to empty so I can pump it dry for the winter. I'd like to get in some fishing with the kids too!

Hope the fishing improves at the lake!

Good job, Mike, it'll be nice to think that it's all diale-in and ready to go for next year too.

Nothin' like the sound of a tuned 2-stroke outboard... love the way these 250s idle. :tango_face_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvGEjkdz8cQ
Seems to be running very well now, Austen, just took a lot longer to fix up than I'd hoped. It's been a busy summer for me and my friend so schedules didn't jibe until recently. It is what it is, we probably wouldn't have used it much more anyhow. Hopefully get it out there a few times before it gets too cold out. If not I've got all winter to look forward to using it next summer! :tango_face_smile:

Yup, Austen, two strokes do sound snotty at idle and hole shot something amazing when they're propped and dialed in right!

·
Premium Member
11,259 Posts
Now you just need to focus on the clock rebuild thread, lol...

Mike

·
Administrator
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Now you just need to focus on the clock rebuild thread, lol...

Mike
I'll have that looked at this fall/winter. Not in a big rush at the moment, other more important projects to handle before the snow flies. :)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts