My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I said I would post pictures of some of the tractors we get in for parts, but I thought this time I would show something just a little different.

This is a model 91 IH combine. It doesn't have a steering wheel, it uses "tiller bar" steering similar to a dozer. It is different though, when you pull the tiller bar back half way, the coresponding wheel stops, all the way back and the wheel spins in reverse. Rather than just a steering clutch and brake setup like a dozer, it has a planetary gear set that when the steering clutch is released and the steering brake engaged turns the wheel back wards. Quite interesting to drive! It will rotate around it's axis, pretty cool!

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Fabricate a sickle bar on the lower front of the header, and you got biggest ZTR mower on the block! :bannana:

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JDA, the model 91 was always tilelr bar, but they also had a model 93, very similar but had a steering wheel. I think it was a little higher capacity too.

Mow, old combines are pretty popular for mount snow blowers on, lots of power and no turning around to look over your shoulder. ;)

·
Anything With Wheels
9,845 Posts
parts man said:
Mow, old combines are pretty popular for mount snow blowers on, lots of power and no turning around to look over your shoulder. ;)
My neighbor had one a few years back with a 12' blower on it...it would throw snow, stones and small animals clear into the next county.. :D

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
parts man said:
I thought I'd bump this post for those who hadn't seen it before. ;)
Thanks...

I hadn't seen it, but that's cool.

I grew up on and around cash crop farms in Southern Illinois. And my family (my mom's side) are all Farmall/IH fanatics. I don't remember grandpa or my uncles ever having a model 91 (or 93), but it still brings back some great memories...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts