My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to get in some traveling with my family this summer and got some use out of the boat as well. These are just a bunch of decent photos I took along the way.

A few from our trip to Niagara Falls

25.jpg IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

The Toronto Maple Leaf's Arena

IMG_0370.JPG

The former SkyDome, where the Toronto Blue Jays play!

IMG_0381.JPG

The Toronto skyline
IMG_0535.JPG

Our first morning at the cottage

IMG_0557.JPG

Our annual boat trip to our favorite sand bar at the entrance to Barnstable Harbor on Cape Cod. We were a quarter mile from shore and had it all to ourselves. :)

Barnstable Harbor run (8).JPG Barnstable Harbor run (16).JPG

Barnstable Harbor run (13).JPG

·
Administrator
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard to believe summer's gone. Thanks for sharing, Mike :fing32:
Got the boat in the driveway, getting ready to winterize the engine and pump out the gas tank. I'll put the tent cover over it next weekend after I clean out the interior for winter layup. Winter's coming.....:(

·
Super Moderator
15,194 Posts
Nice pics. It's always good to get away for a bit!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,136 Posts
I love Niagara Falls

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts
Those are some outstanding photos, Mike. That first one with the boat below Niagara Falls almost doesn't look real.

It's always interesting seeing photos from a different place in the country that you've never been to before.

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
Looks like you had a good summer Mike. Those are some nice photos.:thanku:

·
Administrator
16,896 Posts
Al, Mike,

Now that you have to get ready to pull the boats out of the water, perhaps there is some sort of related activity you can do during the winter.
Wait a minute, I've got an idea. Ice boating.
From the avatar, looks like Mike should get the sleek racer. Al, you can try the sled. :sidelaugh
MikeC

Attachments

·
We're all friends here
13,986 Posts
Good try Mike! I don't do ice anything, unless it's in a glass. ;)

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Nice pics. Always a sad day when the boat gets winterized. We had a decent year with ours this year. 630 miles on the water.

I'm with you on playing on the ice in the winter. I also have to do enough of that during regular working hours.

·
Administrator
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
630 miles is a pretty good summer on the boat in my book! Where do you go boating? What kind of boat? I trailer my 18'er to a local pond, Buzzards Bay and Cape Cod Bay.

I'll have to check my GPS odometer and see what the mileage was this summer.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Boat mostly on Winni. Run a 24' Cobalt.
Best we did was 1,128 miles in 2010. Now that was a good year. :)
We had our last boat to the Cape. This one has never made it.

·
Administrator
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Boat mostly on Winni. Run a 24' Cobalt.
Best we did was 1,128 miles in 2010. Now that was a good year. :)
We had our last boat to the Cape. This one has never made it.
I rented a house on Lake Winnipesaukee a few years ago, what a great place to go boating! We had a blast for our week there and hope to return in the next year or two! Nothing better then having the boat tied to the pier behind the house and at the ready!

24' Cobalt is quite a boat, saw a bunch of them on the lake when we were there! I'd like to upgrade to a 21'er some day, maybe a nice (very used) Grady Dual Console?

·
Super Moderator
15,194 Posts
I need to get to Florida one of these days. This is my cousins 38' Contender with 3 Mercury 350 HP Verado's that have been been tuned by Mercury to pump out more than 350.

They have their own pro fishing team and also own Atlantic Boat and Jet Ski Rental in Ft. Lauderdale.

They take this boat to the Bahama's all the time if the weather permits. I've been told all we have to do is get there and the rest is on them.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts