My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there my name is nick, im new on here but have been looking around alot and decided to join up and show you some of my creations in the works. I am a proud lawn tractor owner and it gets the job done here on the small ranch i call home im 16 yrs old and love to tinker so sooner or later i knew i would get around to creating something for my tractor sadly the craftsman ltx 1000 is out of commision with bad battery and starter fuse im waiting for some parts to get it up and going, So lets get to it the 2 things i thought would be most useful to me are a plow/ lite dozer blade for spreading loom mulch gravel and pushing snow the other is a box blade maid from the under parts of an old lawn cart which was replaced by a new shiny one haha so i know everyone here loves pics so i took some to help you get an idea of what im going for these are not yet done but i have started and i have my ideas all set. The plow is gonna be the first thing i tackle im using some old aluminum for the blade that is very sturdy i have bent and shaped it to the right size and i have also cut the first brackets for mounting out with my cut off tool now bare in mind i dont weld so this is gonna be a nuts bolts pins and washers deal here are some pics

so thats the start of the dozer/plow i need to go to lowe's and grab a tons of nuts and bolts little hardware etc etc

Heres the idea for the boxblade so the under carrige has the hindged trianguler dump attacment mounted to the axle were the bed used to be and it has a 180 movement path so if i take some sheet metel a cross bar and some razer sharp old lawn mower blades for a cutting edge i can make it its simple and i will also us a chain to keep it in the grading position and weights so it can dig in to a point. All i simply do is flip the dump mechanism back back the tractor up til it comes underneath then chain it in that position and go to work thats the idea we will see though pics.

comment and enjoy ill update as i go

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O i almost forgot haha my tractor incase people were wondering

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Nick "akathebest".
You builds look interesting. Your post look horrible. This aint MS, FB you need to use some punctuation in your post.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nick "akathebest".
You builds look interesting. Your post look horrible. This aint MS, FB you need to use some punctuation in your post.
well thanks for the warm welcome if you dont like it you can not post not to be a d!ck but its the truth you can read it its spelled right .And yes i think they are theyt will be simple and done soon hopefully.and i am a well respected member on 3 differnt paintball forums and i have never had any probloms id hate for that to emerge now

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love the pics thanks for the effort of taking them and posting them for us.
your very welcome i figured id share this and see what people thought they are interesting and ino i can make them work with a tiny bit of tweaking

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,198 Posts
Nick,
:Welcome1:
Good projects you got going.
I got an old trailer frame laying around that body rusted out on and I think I might steal your idea for making a scraper blade. The Mrs. was bugging me to get rid of it, but now I can tell her it has a use.

:goodl: with your projects & keep the pics coming!!!

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
Looks like your thinking Nick! That's a good thing.

Let us know how your idea's work out!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:fing32:
Nick,
:Welcome1:
Good projects you got going.
I got an old trailer frame laying around that body rusted out on and I think I might steal your idea for making a scraper blade. The Mrs. was bugging me to get rid of it, but now I can tell her it has a use.

:goodl: with your projects & keep the pics coming!!!
thanks guys haha the ideas are simple and im more than happy for you to copy them haha thats why i posted pics to share ideas im gonna be going to the hardware store a little later to grab some parts to start the frame construction i am also gonna be doing a spring set up on the blade just like on the real plows so ino when i have to much weight it will fold forward and yes alot of things that are not =usable for the original intent can be re used for some cool little idea :fing32:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have to agree with COLDONE. Your post is very difficult to understand. Grammar and punctuation would help immensely. How ever, I do apologize if English is not your first language. I wish I was bilingual.

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
That's enough with picking apart members posts folks.

Not everyone has the same skill level when it comes to the written word, and some of our younger members have a language all their own. As long as they are not posting offensive content, please back off and leave people to their own styles. If that is a problem for you, then put them on your ignore list and you won't have to read their content!

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,693 Posts
I'll tell you a couple things Nick, 1st I applaud your desire and effort to bring an idea to reality by doing it yourself with your own 2 hands instead of sitting in front of a TV set or worse. And 2nd your pics are of a quality I wished mine were, but I am working on it! Nice job, thanks dude!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
That's enough with picking apart members posts folks.
I did not pick it apart, I commented on punctuation.

Not everyone has the same skill level when it comes to the written word,
I agree, I cant spell worth a crap but I at least try. We are talking the basics here. How about just a period at the end of a sentence and capital letters at the start of one.

and some of our younger members have a language all their own.
Yes they do, but they also need to be mindful of their audience. This is not a site full of teenagers that speak that language. This is a site full of wonderful people with lots of information and ideas. If you lurk here for a while you will see that. You should not assume that what you do when you hang out with your "boyZ" will be ok to do here and not be called out for it. Its called situational awareness. Kinda like not cussing in church.

As long as they are not posting offensive content, please back off and leave people to their own styles.
I did find his writting style offensive. I said my peace, and I did not respond further. I did feel the need to respond to your post. To get my point of view across.

The young man does not know at this time what people will use to judge him on. First impressions are important. Things posted on the net more so because they will be there forever. I know people who have been turned down for jobs and security clearances because of what they had posted on various on line bulletin boards. People have lost jobs and promtions due to the same thing. I am not saying that the lack of puncutation will cause this to happen to him but where does it begin. Kids, young people, do not realize just how powerful the internet is. Comments, pictures posted years ago can come back to haunt you. I wanted to give him a nudge in the right direction.

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
My thoughts stand coldone...

This is not a forum about language arts... it's a forum where others share thoughts and pictures (largely) about garden tractors and what they are able to do with them, and sometimes solicit suggestions on how to accomplish some task.

When we start critiquing users posting styles, they often get mad and leave. That is not what we want on MTF. All are welcome here as long as they obey the rules. Spelling and punctuation are not on the list.

If you want to send someone a PM about their posting style, it would be more appropriate than pointing it out in the public area of the forum where they may be offended.

Example of things going south...

coldone said:
You builds look interesting. Your post look horrible.
nickakathebest said:
well thanks for the warm welcome if you dont like it you can not post not to be a d!ck
I did not mention anyone by name when I posted above... there was more than one post about the OP's style. I did not want others to pile on.

Let's get this thread back on track. If this discussion needs to continue, I will split this thread and give Nick his thread back.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did not pick it apart, I commented on punctuation.

I agree, I cant spell worth a crap but I at least try. We are talking the basics here. How about just a period at the end of a sentence and capital letters at the start of one.

Yes they do, but they also need to be mindful of their audience. This is not a site full of teenagers that speak that language. This is a site full of wonderful people with lots of information and ideas. If you lurk here for a while you will see that. You should not assume that what you do when you hang out with your "boyZ" will be ok to do here and not be called out for it. Its called situational awareness. Kinda like not cussing in church.

I did find his writting style offensive. I said my peace, and I did not respond further. I did feel the need to respond to your post. To get my point of view across.

The young man does not know at this time what people will use to judge him on. First impressions are important. Things posted on the net more so because they will be there forever. I know people who have been turned down for jobs and security clearances because of what they had posted on various on line bulletin boards. People have lost jobs and promtions due to the same thing. I am not saying that the lack of puncutation will cause this to happen to him but where does it begin. Kids, young people, do not realize just how powerful the internet is. Comments, pictures posted years ago can come back to haunt you. I wanted to give him a nudge in the right direction.
While i understand that anyone with common sense can read my posts im not used to opening such big threads that need so much writting or information, But this is still no excuse for this very deporable show of common courtesy the members on here for the most part seem very open to ideas and tend to just give good feedback in anycase. It seems for what ever reason the people that do not do such things have become fixated on the fact that i do not put a period at the end of a sentance.As far as jobs that is an over the top example im not guarding the president im going into the army out of highschool i dont see how me putting a post with or with out a period will alter that in anyway PLEASE IF YOU DO NOT LIKE MY POST DONT READ IT simple as that .

·
Registered
838 Posts
All this poetic have to have it right stuff makes me :thSick: I too have always struggled with writing, and spelling (thank goodness for spell check when I remember to use it) and I feel as long as I can read it and have a picture I can understand it. I'm just glad to see a young man as yourself out in the shop working on something you like to do. By the way welcome and thanks for the neat ideas and the awesome pictures. Keep us posted on your ideas and how you are getting along!

·
Registered
558 Posts
nice buildin . i built a snowplow lst year in shop class and lerned the hard way that my push arms wernt strong enough. make sure there strong. i used 1/8" thick 1 '' pipe for push arms and it bent like a pretzle in some deep snow.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All this poetic have to have it right stuff makes me :thSick: I too have always struggled with writing, and spelling (thank goodness for spell check when I remember to use it) and I feel as long as I can read it and have a picture I can understand it. I'm just glad to see a young man as yourself out in the shop working on something you like to do. By the way welcome and thanks for the neat ideas and the awesome pictures. Keep us posted on your ideas and how you are getting along!
haha yea i hear ya and youir welcome my nextsdoor negihbor's look at me like im nuts out here building all these odd things haha i need to invest in a nice air compressor and some pneumatic tools though :fing32:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts