My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked this up a couple of weeks ago. It still needs a trailing shield and it has nice wheels, but they are white (the gray ones were worn out). Otherwise, it's pretty good. It runs great! This is only the second SP mower in my fleet - the other is the 10547.

The engine is rebuilt along with the transmission. Unit is redecked with an almost new deck - most of the green paint is still underneath. The old deck was shot. I need to clean/detail this mower a bit more when I get time.

Here are some quick pics I snapped of it after assembling the shelves today:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might have to do that, Bruce. I could use the white wheels on other machines. The 10651 is sitting right under the 22260 you helped me get last summer. :thanku:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very Nice Ward, Glad it went through....
I've got my security lights on and the shotgun ready if you try to grab it Ryan... (LOL)! The guard cats are also on patrol out back. :trink40:

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,295 Posts
My 10651 arrived with the rope guide shown in the picture. When I did my restore, I found a NOS version and replaced it. On Dave's 10651 and your 10651, I see that you have the newer Lawn Boy rope guide. Just something that I noticed.

I love using my 10651 mower.

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 10651 arrived with the rope guide shown in the picture. When I did my restore, I found a NOS version and replaced it. On Dave's 10651 and your 10651, I see that you have the newer Lawn Boy rope guide. Just something that I noticed.

I love using my 10651 mower.
I saw the pics of your restore. Yours is amazing, whereas this one is only above average (if average is the beat-up condition it arrived in). I haven't mowed with mine yet, but may if I can get a trailing shield. My lawn is small, which is why I only have 2 SP mowers. Couldn't walk away from this one, though.

·
Lawn Mower Fan
681 Posts
That's really nice. Great job cleaning it up.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nice. You're part of an exclusive club now. I have the machine made 36 after your's (ending in ending in terminal digits 651). I'm thinking my 651 is the last two stroke I'd consider selling...

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Ahh I want one!

Grey wheels? I thought most commercials used the orange steel wheels? If you don't mind the non-standard wheels but want commercial wheels for it check on ebay. es_bob is the seller (member here as well) he has the orange steel wheels with the new tread pattern. (rear drive wheels). Then you can find the front 6" orange steel wheels from power equipment warehouse. Not a cheap upgrade/replacement though... Looking at about 80 to 90 bucks for the set of 4 wheels.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I think it would look pretty cool with those new upgraded steel wheels painted grey... Although i do like the rear plastic(orange/grey)look more..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahh I want one!

Grey wheels? I thought most commercials used the orange steel wheels?
This model has the black tank and gray wheels standard. Mine did too, but they were worn out. See my crib too's thread about his restored 10651 to see how it should look.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts