My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to learn and improve my photography last few months. I am hoping to get a job using this knowledge/ hobby. Here are some of my pictures. Let me know how you like them and possibly how to improve. Birds are hard if in motion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look good to me. It really takes a steady hand with patience, focus and timing. I could never take a good picture.

It sure isn’t easy. I tried tripod but birds move up or down so fast all are free hand.

·
We're all friends here
14,290 Posts
Those are good shots, Eric. Motion shots are difficult, but there are camera settings that can freeze them pretty well. I don't do photography so I don't know the settings, but I'm sure there are good explanations online. With practice, I'm sure you will become quite familiar with them.

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are good shots, Eric. Motion shots are difficult, but there are camera settings that can freeze them pretty well. I don't do photography so I don't know the settings, but I'm sure there are good explanations online. With practice, I'm sure you will become quite familiar with them.

Thanks Al and I know the setting. Just got to learn when to change them with nature of wildlife. They don’t pose for long! Lol

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,058 Posts
Great shots Eric! Wildlife is tough to photograph. Always out when camera isn't.?

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great shots Eric! Wildlife is tough to photograph. Always out when camera isn't.?
That seems true! These were on special trips locally to go to bird areas. Then had to hunt for them or wait for them!

·
Administrator
12,393 Posts
It's not easy, Eric, I have a modern DSLR and I just haven't gotten used to manipulating the controls to it. My old battle-axe Pentax K1000 (fully manual, 35mm film camera) I could manipulate and bag action shots without much trouble, but auto focus and the tedious controls of the new age cameras is difficult to master without a lot of practice. Looks like you're shooting a really long lense there, a fast shutter speed and a very steady hand (lean against something solid whenever possible) and keep trying. I love the last eagle shot, looks like it knew you were watching and struck a pose for you. :)

Practice, practice.....

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not easy, Eric, I have a modern DSLR and I just haven't gotten used to manipulating the controls to it. My old battle-axe Pentax K1000 (fully manual, 35mm film camera) I could manipulate and bag action shots without much trouble, but auto focus and the tedious controls of the new age cameras is difficult to master without a lot of practice. Looks like you're shooting a really long lense there, a fast shutter speed and a very steady hand (lean against something solid whenever possible) and keep trying. I love the last eagle shot, looks like it knew you were watching and struck a pose for you. :)

Practice, practice.....

Thanks Mike! I’m trying! Got a new big lens bought used helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts