My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been busy making 2 more little tractors. The 1456 is a Cub Cadet 147, and the 1206 is a Cub Cadet 107. The customer wanted them to be tricycles, so I had a machinist friend design and build the front end for me. I gave him an idea of what I wanted, and how I thought it should work, and he made it look good, and work great.

The customer was very happy. He has a third tractor ordered, and is thinking about having me build a fourth one.

Kurt
www.TheLittleTractorCo.blogspot.com

Attachments

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
thats soo cool! that may be my next garden tractor project

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
man would love to have one of those for getting the mail on

·
Registered
595 Posts
your work is superb!! i wish i could make something half as impressive as that. maybe some day...

keep up the great work!

tmm

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Kurt, They look great! Quick question? Which rear tires are you using from Miller Tire? I wish I could see the tires Miller has in person to decide what I want.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I really have fun building these tractors. It's not really a job for me, but I do get paid to do it. :)

I currently use BKT 7.50 16 tires from Miller. I do think I'm going to run down there and look at the different tires before I place my next order though and see what else they have.

Thanks again,
Kurt

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
What is a ballpark price or one of them.:thThumbsU

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
I currently use BKT 7.50 16 tires from Miller. I do think I'm going to run down there and look at the different tires before I place my next order though and see what else they have.
Thanks, I guess I am being to picky on how I want mine to look. :banghead3

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Orange JD, I need some more info as to what you'd want. Each build is different, so each one comes in at a different cost.

ESNB I know what you mean, when I built my 826, I spent 40 minutes at Miller tire, going over the different tires they had. I wish they still had the tires I used on my 826. I like the pattern a lot more than the new tires I'm getting now. The 826 has "East One 8.00 16" and I can't find them anywhere...

Kurt

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Ok let us put it this way. What is the cheapest one and the most expenses one. Just looking for ballpark. :thThumbsU

·
10,839 Posts
I wish they still had the tires I used on my 826. I like the pattern a lot more than the new tires I'm getting now. The 826 has "East One 8.00 16" and I can't find them anywhere...

Kurt
Country Wide Tire and Rubber carries the Eastone tire brand, according to their website.

http://www.countrywidetire.com/ContactUs.aspx

They are located in Plymouth, Mn. Which I drive by on the way to and from work. If you needs eyes on it, or want me to stop in and check, just say the word.

Kurt, does the Eastone tires on the 826 have a letter-number designation on them anywhere? Like L1, F2, R1, or similar? I can't find the exact curved bar/half bar design that is on your 826 rears. Any more info would help.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The cheapest one I've built so far has been $4,500, and soon I'll top $10,000 on a couple of REALLY custom tractors... but most of them are between $6,500 and $8,500.

Kurt

·
Northwest PA Bolens Fan!
315 Posts
Kurt,

WOW! Fabulous work! I'm glad I took a walk outside of my usual Bolens forum. I'm a novice fabricator and tinkerer and you have just become the standard by which all future projects shall be judged.

My hat's off to you!

I'm looking forward to following your work on your blog.

Happy Holidays!

Ted

1 - 20 of 28 Posts