My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A young high school kid had an ad on CraigsList, looking for older Sears tractors. I got ahold of him and the deal progressed to where he bought my '67 Custom 7. Delivered it to him tonight after work for $200, plus $20 for gas. I had it partially tore apart with plans to restore it, so thats how it was delivered. The sale also included a set of wore out chains and a dozer/snow blade.The kid was excited to have a new "toy" and was happy to see some new blood take an interest in the hobby. I drove away not necessarily dollar richer, but richer for fueling a young guys interest in garden tractors. There's still a few good kids out there!

·
Registered
933 Posts
:wwp: of the cash, some of us forget what it looks like!

·
Registered
313 Posts
That's great! I like to see these young guys doin something besides playing on the computor, or video games. What part of Ia. are you from? I grew up in Webster City. (Hamilton County) We used to run a dragster at Humbolt, Eddyville, and Cedar Falls. Iowa is a great place! Now I live in So. Ca. (Land of the Fruits, and Nuts) Anyway nice goin on the tractor deal. I'm sure that the kid will learn a lot working on it. Later, Litz

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, kind of makes you feel good knowing that there's still young folks willing to get their hands dirty and learn mechanics the "old school" way. As far as pics of the cash- I didn't have it in my hands long enough to take any! And Litz, I'm up by Forest City where the Winnebagos (land yachts) are made. Used to race a blown Suzuki GS1000 down in Cedar Falls a LONG time ago...

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
I wish I had been in to this as a Kid... All my friends were building tractors for off roading and pulling, I would have fit right in. Cept now, I want to make them look nice and work 'em :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts