My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MTF MEMBER
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started out with a soft Curtis Cab for my x720. My first project was to replace the rear vinyl. I added the 4 glass panels. (Shown in pic 1) It was a pain, but thanks to Rob for all his great pictures I could see where all the clips went.

I than ran across Tomadvanced panel that he made to replace his vinyl under the windshield. He was very nice and sent me some weatherstripping, and I made one ( shown in pic 2) I liked the way it looked, but still wanted the original look of a hard cab and the ease of getting under the hood to check fluids in the winter.

My next project was changing out the front windshield. I thought this would be alot easier. The soft cab and hard cab look alike, but they aren't. After getting the windshield, and mounting it. I found out that the roof support on a soft cab where the hinges are mounted to for the windshield doesn't come down as far as it does on a hard cab. This is why I was coming up 3-4" short. I went and got some metal stock and made my own extension. After long nights after work, It's all completed and came out very well. (shown in pic 3)

With the rear glass and windshield project I was looking over all of Rob's great pictures he has. I even mad a few phone calls to him and he even was kind enough to make me the brackets I needed to lock the windshield down and brackets to mount the windshield struts to. (shown in pic 4) thanks again Rob for everything, I appreciate it!!

Like I said before, its been some long nights out in the garage after work, but its all worth it...

Rich :thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
Nice job on the upgrades Rich. Looks great.:thThumbsU

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.