My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come into the shop blind. I have a bit more ag experience than some of the people here, but nothing on the grand scale that requires such large spreaders. Anyways, we have four fertilizer spreaders here, two dry, one wet, and a compost spreader which we rent out to customers, for them to either use or destroy (both seem to happen with equal frequency). Given past damage to the gear, I'm going to start a "care and control" clause to the rental agreement, and include some sort of operator manual for the gear.

Unfortunately, the time has long since past that these things were identifiable with nomenclature plates, logos, or even in some places, original intent. I can make repairs, but trying to find a manual to hand to customers is a bit more problematic. I figured maybe somebody on here has used one of these guys, and can take a guess at the manufacturer.

First, the lime/compost spreader: The hopper size is 12'x6' overall length is 16-18 feet. The identification plate is long gone.

Look familiar to anyone? I'll post the other guys later. I have to take the pictures with my phone, and it takes forever to e-mail them to myself here.

Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: So, another mystery

Alright, after a nasty morning with 0-0-15 and busted 2" pipe, I'm back with the second mystery spreader. This, obviously, is a liquid spreader. Included are pictures of the whole trailer and the hydraulic hookups n' motor. Again, even our fertilizer guy, who runs this stuff for us has NO clue who makes it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
-Sean

Attachments

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
No idea! I think you would be better off creating simple operating instructions on a laminated board. Half the info in a manu. manual is unnecessary.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
The orange spreader looks like a salt spreader box. The Indiana hiway department has spreaders that mount in a dump box that look just like yours.
The second one could be a special built spreader.
Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the first one is a lime/compost spreader. Used for spreading large or clumping fertilizers that are too big for small spreaders used for granulated fertilizers. The kicker on this thing is that it got flipped by a customer about 18 months ago, and they tap welded the caster door assembly back on. Given the force at which the stuff is sent out on the belt, the bottom of the door gets bent, and you need to take off the whole assembly to straighten the door.

The second one is a solution or wet spreader used for liquid fertilizers like Thiacal, etc. I seriously doubt it is a custom rig, given some of the welds and mounts. (Look jig drilled) However, It's got a john blue pump on it, so I might try to find out from them if they supply any factories for mass produced ag spreaders.

Thanks for all the input. At least I know I'm not needlessly confounded.

-Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts