My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
About a month ago I winterized my 5th wheel camper, then backed it into the unheated portion of my barn.. just like I’ve done the past 7 years. Today I noticed what looked like water on the floor under the front compartment… weird spot for something to drip from, but my first thought it was from the wash I did right before I tucked it in.. then looking closer I saw signs it wasn’t water, but acid. WTH?!? So I opened the compartment and the battery box and saw this..

View attachment 2573441

View attachment 2573442
Only a few years old, was working fine when parked as I ran the front legs with the unit unplugged when I unhooked from the truck. I did plug the unit in after as I have a 50a outlet for it.
Never seen one blow apart like this before. Turned the battery disconnect and started looking for gloves and a way to deal with the acid. Luckily I found where my wife hid the baking soda and covered the spill completely before cleaning up the mess.
Not sure what could have caused this, anyone have a clue and is there anything I should check in the Unit?
Thanks!
Interstate batteries are NO LONGER good quality batteries. THEY ARE NOW JUNK!!! The current BEST batteries on the market are DEKA and Wal Mart (believe it or not) batteries!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts