My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone on here is from different parts of the US but the last week here in Northern Indiana has been amazing! 70's+ all week, got a lot of yard work done yesterday (March 19, 2012) and it felt so good to be out and in the yard. Got up to about 81 yesterday! Raked all the sticks up, tilled the old area where the old shed was. Probably going to turn that into a garden or just plant grass seed still haven't decided, cleaned the patio and inclosed screen porch and brought out all the patio furniture, and sprayed all the way around the house with insect killer. All around a great productive day.

I'm posting cause I want to hear about whats going on every where else with you guys. Small projects, spring cleaning, getting ready for the new warm season. Just let us know :) Look forward to reading what other people are doing. Be sure to leave where your from as well!

·
Registered
55 Posts
hummm.... everybody must be too busy working in their yard to post anything up!.

I've been busy almost every day this week here in West Tennessee. Having so many things to do keeps my attention deficit disorder at bay. Although it took some additional help, last week, we finished building a small 4-foot fence to keep the dogs in the back yard. I'm about 80% done with re-staining the deck. As far as yard work goes, I'm taking back the yard. Lack of care and attention has left a mess in the yard with small twigs, sweetgum balls, bare spots in the yard, and leaves everywhere. In addition to raking up all the sweetgum balls, I've been working out by the road by the ditch to mulch the insane amount of old leaves, raking through them to make sure I pick up all the buried large sticks and limbs that are hiding under there. I'm also picking up an ungodly number of bricks and leftover masonry work.

The house is starting to look a lot better. I should be finished with most of the cleanup within the next month or so. Pretty soon I can get the chainsaw going and start cleaning up the woods next. It keeps me busy though!

·
16,352 Posts
Raining and storms here in central Virginia this weekend--and due to work constrants--limited time off--but have gotten spring fertilizer and weed killer lined up, ready to put down....hoping to cut down big pampas grass bushes in front and haul away today, again--weather permitting..

.once they are trimmed back--I can dig up some of them every evening --root ball has just gotten out of hand...Plenty to do----

glenn

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hummm.... everybody must be too busy working in their yard to post anything up!.

I've been busy almost every day this week here in West Tennessee. Having so many things to do keeps my attention deficit disorder at bay. Although it took some additional help, last week, we finished building a small 4-foot fence to keep the dogs in the back yard. I'm about 80% done with re-staining the deck. As far as yard work goes, I'm taking back the yard. Lack of care and attention has left a mess in the yard with small twigs, sweetgum balls, bare spots in the yard, and leaves everywhere. In addition to raking up all the sweetgum balls, I've been working out by the road by the ditch to mulch the insane amount of old leaves, raking through them to make sure I pick up all the buried large sticks and limbs that are hiding under there. I'm also picking up an ungodly number of bricks and leftover masonry work.

The house is starting to look a lot better. I should be finished with most of the cleanup within the next month or so. Pretty soon I can get the chainsaw going and start cleaning up the woods next. It keeps me busy though!
Sounds like pretty much the same thing I have been doing up until this week. Our weather took quite the turn this week from 70s-80s to high of 50 and love of mid 30's. Messing up all sorts of things around here! Not really sure what to do with myself outside now haha!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Well I mowed today!!! I have never mowed grass before last of April or first part of May. I can't believe it.:banghead3:banghead3

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I spent most of last week out in the yard cleaning up. I had to mow the yard last week, and again this week. First time I've mowed in March since I left Louisiana.

steve

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think our March and April switched spots. March was 70-80's and April has been 40-60's! Not liking this so much

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are in dyer need of rain here in Northeastern, Indiana. Grass is starting to die and fade to yellow! Happening like this anywhere else?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts