My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's coming down hard boys. Had to abandon the Jeep in the wilderness and walk home after getting stuck while going out for rations. Shelves nearly wiped clean of milk, bread, and eggs.
20200111_112202.jpg
photo-33.jpg
Hope we can survive this. Wish me luck.

·
We're all friends here
13,990 Posts
60° here as well. Bike ride shortly. ? Very rare in January.

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's 60 degrees here today and no snow left!
60° here as well. Bike ride shortly. ? Very rare in January.
We're supposed to get this 1/10" of sleet and 1" of snow today and then warm to 50deg tomorrow. News has been covering it and breaking into shows with alerts and headlines "Potentially life-threatening weather pattern!!!" :D

·
Administrator
5,169 Posts
Meanwhile, in the Canadian tundra....it was 50F this morning (weird for January) with rain. Getting colder now, freezing rain forecast. I'm staying home. Maybe I can post enough on here to get my coveted 3rd place spot back on the top posters list. :devilish:

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meanwhile, in the Canadian tundra....it was 50F this morning (weird for January) with rain. Getting colder now, freezing rain forecast. I'm staying home. Maybe I can post enough on here to get my coveted 3rd place spot back on the top posters list. :devilish:
You mind your place jackboot mod thug! :D

Our pattern has petered out here. 26 deg and maybe 1/2" total accumulation.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
And we are about to get hit from the same storm that hit you, Steve Urquell. It's 75℉ now with a low of 58℉ tonight. Guess it's already killed 11 people across the southern states on it's way through.

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And we are about to get hit from the same storm that hit you, Steve Urquell. It's 75℉ now with a low of 58℉ tonight. Guess it's already killed 11 people across the southern states on it's way through.
  1. Wrap everything up tight tonite and prepare for the onslaught. Milk, bread, eggs!!!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
No, usually there there is several days warning before events like these happen. The day before is when I wander about the yard securing anything that may blow about. I shop for groceries once a month when I get paid with the SSD, and it's only the second week of the month and still have quite a bit left. I always have at least 10 gallons of filtered water on hand at any given time.
The largest unknown is the high winds that could take out a tree, or two, and maybe hitting the house.

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, usually there there is several days warning before events like these happen. The day before is when I wander about the yard securing anything that may blow about. I shop for groceries once a month when I get paid with the SSD, and it's only the second week of the month and still have quite a bit left. I always have at least 10 gallons of filtered water on hand at any given time.
The largest unknown is the high winds that could take out a tree, or two, and maybe hitting the house.
It was 60deg here yesterday. Storms hit and it looked like tornados. Sky was black as midnight at 1630. Torrential rains and high winds. We got lucky here and it skirted us. Its 25deg right now

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Yeah, the tornado watches are up and imagine I'll get the reverse 911 sometime. This does appear to be a rather fast moving storm at around 45 mph, just that it is quite wide at around 100 miles.
We are going to be in the 70's for the next week, or so, and even into the 80's.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Well, that was a bit thrilling for about 20 minutes as the rain came down in waves horizontally. Because the clouds are so low, the thunderboomers light up the entire sky which are still going on.
It came through just after nightfall. Always fun to assess the damages the next day on the yard walk around.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Yeah, well this little storm is stretching from me all the way up and into Canada. Right around now it is hitting Cleveland and heading East so you will get to enjoy the rain, as well. The main storm has passed me with just occasional thunderboomers.

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I live on top of a hill so rain isn't an issue too much. Wind on the other hand can really cause some problems.
Same here. Have had hail destroy my cars once and roof twice as well. Cars are able to park inside now after the remodel.

·
Super Moderator
11,312 Posts
I was outside wearing shorts, and a sweatshirt today while I was taking down the Christmas lights. it doesn't feel like winter at all here. Hope you stocked up a few day's worth of supplies for all the snow you're getting, Steve. :)

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Steve why so little food in the house and who gets to fill the holes the Jeep will leave? Plenty of asphalt there why the short cut?

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Steve why so little food in the house and who gets to fill the holes the Jeep will leave? Plenty of asphalt there why the short cut?
Parking lot, asphalt? I was wheelin' in the wilderness man, barely made it out alive. Bears and wolves around, even think I smelled a Yeti--coulda been my work shoes though.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts