My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 48" caster i was going to put on my 222.But today I got a 1982 448 can some one tell me what size drive belt I will need? Thanks for the help Jake:thThumbsU

·
10,839 Posts
If you e-mail Ingersoll dealer Brian. [email protected] with your blowers serial # and tractors serial # he can send you the proper parts, and probably supply any manuals you might need. He is a member of this forum. Here is a link to his contact info:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/member.php?u=3669

Click on the 'Contact Info' tab to the right of the highlighted Visitors Messages tab or click on the link above to send him an email. :fing32:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Using the search feature i found:
The 200 series uses a 75" belt and the 400 series uses a 82" belt.Both are 1/2 wide.
If you are in a bind and need it right away and have a Tractor supply store near you the belts are less than $20 make sure to get the Kevlar belt.
Or you can email Brian and he can get you a oem belt.The oem belts do last longer.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I think you will find that the 400 series uses a 81" X 1/2" belt for the snowblower. OEM belts were 9/16" wide so I prefer to use the 5/8" wide power rated belt from TSC and that would be 82" because it fills the pulleys and needs the extra 1" ....

:trink40:

·
Registered
690 Posts
wow, that got confusing. Can someone shed some light on O.E. versus after market here. Is the ingy belt way better, and if you do go aftermarket like TS or whatever what size is the one to buy? O.E was 9/16, are the aftermarkets going to be 1/2 or 5/8 only?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
They don't sell 9/16" belts anymore so 1/2" & 5/8" are the choices. I am not sure if the OEM Ingersoll belts are still 9/16" but they are the best. The power rated ( blue ) belts at TSC are very good belts and reasonably priced. I'm pretty sure the stock belt used on the 400-series with the J thru S ( 80/84 ) model snowcaster used a 81" belt. The 1/2' X 81" belt will fit but sits lower in the pulleys because they are 9/16" grooved. I use a TSC ( blue ) belt 5/8" X 82" because it is more durable and you need the extra inch in length because of the extra 1/16" width rides up in the pulleys slightly. JMO

:trink40:

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
Many of Ingersoll's belts are indeed in between the common 1/2 and 5/8's sizes. Not all ... but very many of the common ones running mower decks and snowcasters. I suppose you would classify them as 9/16".

The current parts being delivered measure a full 1/16 wider than generic 1/2" belts we have around. They fit right, put more belt surface area to the pulley, and run long on a properly functioning machine.

Brian

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
Buy the Ingersoll belt. They are better than anything else and last along time.
Plus they are specifically made for your application. :fing32:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pick up a power rated belt from NAPA today it said 21/32x82" on the box it fit just like it shoud THANKS ALL JAKE :thanku: :trink39:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Pick up a power rated belt from NAPA today it said 21/32x82" on the box it fit just like it shoud THANKS ALL JAKE :thanku: :trink39:
was that for a 4 or 2 hundred series? and do both casters use the same belt per tractor?

·
Registered
690 Posts
i did figure that out here, are the belts the same between the two snow caster sizes though? same tractor but 38 and 48 caster takes the same belt? and i just wanted to know if that napa 21/32x82 was for the 200 or 400 tractors.

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
The Ingersoll belt part # you need is C23539. This will work on a 400 series GT using the 38" or 48" snowblower.
I just put mine on. :fing32:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts