My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all of you Gravely fans. I do not have one but am looking to possibly purchase a Gravely 48" snowblower. I need something different on the front of my Kubota B7100. My existing blower doesn't have many snows left in it anymore. I'm not sure which tractor this came off of. I think I can retrofit but I need to know the PTO set up that this runs off of. Specifically what input RPM does Gravely use to power this 48" blower. A picture of the setup would be nice too . Appreciate any help any of you Gravely owners can provide. Thanks from snowy NW Wisconsin. AND Merry Christmas.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
I don't know anything about a Kabota B7100, but I don't think this will be an easy conversion.

I have a GRAVELY G series tractor and a 48" blower.

The GRAVELY PTO speed is between 950 and 1000 RPM.

The blower is driven directly by a drive shaft.

Beyond that, I don't know what to show or tell you, knowing nothing about the Kabota.

Is it not possible to find a Kabota blower?

GRAVELY never changed its basic mounting system, all GRAVELY 48" blowers are basically the same, with only a few very minor differences between the several mode numbers produced.

They will fit most any GRAVELY rear engine rider in the 800, 8000 or G series.

Sheldon

·
Registered
596 Posts
I checked a couple of years ago for where I work. The local Kubota dealer wanted $3500 for a new snowblower, and they had a like new used snowblower for $2500. The Kubota tractor did need to have the frontend loader hydraulic setup on it to hook the chute hydraulics up. The dealer said adding they hydraulic controls was a expensive big deal if your tractor doesn't already have it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm guessing he was talking about a much newer Kubota than I have. Mine dates to the mid 70s. The newer attachments dont work well with my set up. When we get back from Christmas, I'll post a picture of my current setup. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Posting an older picture of my Kubota and blower (single stage). Tractor was new in 1979 and I purchased from original owner in 2006. The blower runs off of a shaft on the crank pulley, therefore engine speed, and has an electric clutch that engages the belt for the snowblower. This blower is identical to a Case/Ingersoll and an Ariens. Don't know who made the blower but it's kind of immaterial as we're talking a piece of equipment almost 40 years ago. A post on another tractor site indicates this Gravely might also run at engine speed. Atlantic Central, not questioning your obvious knowledge of the Gravely unit but want/need to re-verify your 950-1000 rpm figure please. My thought on conversion would be to reduce pto speed by doing some pulley(s) modification or running a shaft from the rear pto (514,876 and 1498 speeds available). I think I have enough ground clearance to do that. Thoughts please.

Attachments

·
Gravely1964
3,814 Posts
Case snow blowers are still quite popular.
Check this thread out for pto speeds. What I saw was 946 rpm's off a rider pto. From memory turn clockwise

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
A post on another tractor site indicates this Gravely might also run at engine speed.
Gravely PTOs definitely do not run at engine speed.

I dug around a few minutes on gravelymanuals.com and didn't find anything definitive. But if you google a bit, you'll find a bunch of references to gravely PTO speed, all of which say 900-1000 is a good ballpark. There are also explanations of the gearing that gets you there. All generations of gravelys (well, ok, after the D models) used varieties of gearing to get from engine speed (which varied quite a bit between the T head and later Kohlers etc) to the PTO. On the riders, an often-cited number is 3.5:1. Many of the machines had governors set at 3300, which gets you to 942.

The PTO turns clockwise when viewed from the operator position.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts