My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 44" attachment that I received without mounting hardware. I noticed there were 2 different front mount brackets. The parts guy told me I need the more expensive ones.. of course..

My problem is, this bracket has a tab that sticks out and only allows me to raise/adjust the blower to the height of the tab. The "optional" bracket does not have that tab and would allow me to raise the attachment much higher.

Can anyone tell me the purpose of the "tab", other than to tick me off?

Appreciate any info, thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
Not sure which model you have - I see what looks like a lift handle in the pic so I'm assuming L/LA/D/E?. I have a 2008 LA165 and mine uses the bracket labeled #2. Don't know if that has changed over the years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure which model you have - I see what looks like a lift handle in the pic so I'm assuming L/LA/D/E?. I have a 2008 LA165 and mine uses the bracket labeled #2. Don't know if that has changed over the years.
It's a 2014 D140 with a 2011 M044SB
apparently the blower style changed in 2012, so mounting changed slightly. I'm afraid if I put the non tab mount on, the blower frame may hit the steering arms, if I hit a hill or anything to raise the blower. Do you have any trouble with that?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sorry - was away all weekend. I have never had any trouble with the blower frame hitting the steering arms or any other components. In fact, about 4 years ago I ditched the lift handle for an electric lift which lifts the blower much higher and it still works just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts