My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a snowblower, single stage, no name on it other than some part numbers. 42 or so wide. Vertical pulley in the middle. Want to mount this on one of two tractors

1971 ford lgt100. 10th kohler, 4 speed manual with at tires.

Or 2001(est)) scotts 2048 18.5 hp intek twin and hydro

Both horizontal pulleys. How can I convert? The ford is heavier and with the manual tranny probably easier to work in snow, but twice the horse and auto has benefits

Ideas?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The Ford has more torque, but has a horizontal crank and a mule drive to convert to horizontal for the deck. Reversing this drive and then flipping it 90* again will be difficult. The heavier weight and lower gearing- especially the creeper gear- will be a huge advantage.
The scotts won't be as hard beltwise, but the lighter duty front axle might not be up to the task. Loading the tires and hanging some weight off the rear would help, but watch how much weight is actually put on the transaxle.

·
22,523 Posts
The higher horsepower and the hydro are both a big plus for the Scotts.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Look for pics for a Wheel Horse blower, for a series 200 or 300. I have one (1-stage) for a 200 series, has a single vertical pulley. It is mounted on a Series 200 machine that has the horizontal pulley engine. There is a mounting system hung underneath the tractor body that converts horizontal to vertical. It doubles as a push frame so you won't bend the tractor frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts