My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to use the Snowblower today. Worked like a charm even though the snow was heavy and wet. Bought 6 suitcase weights and installed last night. Boy do they sure make a difference. Traction is NOT a problem anymore. ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Got to use the Snowblower today. Worked like a charm even though the snow was heavy and wet. Bought 6 suitcase weights and installed last night. Boy do they sure make a difference. Traction is NOT a problem anymore. ?
Way too early to be snowing already. Crazy weather. Nice looking machine.
I am in the process of adding an actuator for the chute like yours. I was just waiting for the cable to stop working before doing anything, which it did now, so purchased everything needed to install. Will post pics in a new thread when complete.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Way too early to be snowing already. Crazy weather. Nice looking machine.
I am in the process of adding an actuator for the chute like yours. I was just waiting for the cable to stop working before doing anything, which it did now, so purchased everything needed to install. Will post pics in a new thread when complete.
It was a very simple install. Best advice I can give is don't tighten the bolts up too much. I found by leaving them a little loose everything works better.

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Getting hammered in Manitoba today/tomorrow. I'm gonna have to skip the usual routine or using the quick hitch broom for a few snowfalls and move right to blower or blade. It's sickening.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yikes, heavy snow already? Where about yes in MN? My wife is driving from Michigan to Rochester tomorrow! I have yet to move snow with my new 3032e, but i am not wanting it so come too soon! I can always play in the dirt!

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Getting hammered in Manitoba today/tomorrow. I'm gonna have to skip the usual routine or using the quick hitch broom for a few snowfalls and move right to blower or blade. It's sickening.
I heard that Winterpeg was in for a big dump. I'm just North of Frostbite Falls and we got just a little snow overnight that stayed on the lawn but melted on the driveway. Being that I have a gravel driveway, I try to pack down the snow to make a hard frozen base if'n I have that option. I made 2 inch wide skid shoes for the snow thrower and I set them to leave a layer of snow until I have a firm base.

This Winter I will also have a front mounted snow blade added to my arsenal. My plan is to plow small accumulations to the edge and then use the snow thrower to get rid of snow banks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yikes, heavy snow already? Where about yes in MN? My wife is driving from Michigan to Rochester tomorrow! I have yet to move snow with my new 3032e, but i am not wanting it so come too soon! I can always play in the dirt!
NW Minnesota.

·
Registered
434 Posts
We have a couple inches here in eastern SD, but will wait for the warm weather next week to take care of it. The blower, broom, and cab are still in storage at the front of the garage. I'm not ready to move snow yet, the farmers need a bunch of warm dry days for fall harvest, which basically hasn't started unfortunately.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I heard that Winterpeg was in for a big dump. I'm just North of Frostbite Falls and we got just a little snow overnight that stayed on the lawn but melted on the driveway. Being that I have a gravel driveway, I try to pack down the snow to make a hard frozen base if'n I have that option. I made 2 inch wide skid shoes for the snow thrower and I set them to leave a layer of snow until I have a firm base.

This Winter I will also have a front mounted snow blade added to my arsenal. My plan is to plow small accumulations to the edge and then use the snow thrower to get rid of snow banks.
Here in Brandon we got about 8" with high winds drifting it in over 2'-3' in places. I just spent 10 hours blowing and clearing snow. With it still in the + temperature range the snow is incredibly heavy and hard to move. The ground isn't frozen so I can't blow or plow the 350' backlane.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
On the news I heard some places in Manitoba got 60 cm of snow. That's about 2 feet for our Southern neighbors.

·
Registered
65 Posts
celltech, how do you like the "rubber" chains? I am thinking about getting a set of those instead of regular chains. Hard to put on? Thanks!

·
That Guy
1,119 Posts
Ugh, I need to swap mine over and I just don't even want to look at it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
celltech, how do you like the "rubber" chains? I am thinking about getting a set of those instead of regular chains. Hard to put on? Thanks!
I like them. They work very well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Forgot to add they are easy to install. I use a floor jack to raise the tires off the ground when installing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts