My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a line on a used Snowblower for my 4110. Its a 47" blower with the quick hitch and most all I need. My question is, I just measured the width of the rear tires(turf) on my tractor and its like 53" or so.. Hows that gonna work ?? Why would JD design a Blower for a tractor that does'nt clear the rear wheel width? Is this typical ? Are there wings I can install ? Am I gonna be running over snow and packing it down ?

Looking for advice from anyone with this configuration..

Are the Turf tires wider than the R4 or Ag tires ?

Thanks..

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
I put homemade wings on mine. I think it measures about 57" across wing to wing. This clears the width of the turf tires, but makes it a bit more unwieldy. When I put them on, I just had to have them. But actually, looking back, it really wasn't a big deal just the way it was, its only snow! Good Luck with whatever you choose.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=76456

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
You might be able to swap the wheels for the narrow position if it becomes an issue. Or keep your eyes out for a 54" Deere is now offering. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Even if your wheel width is less than the blower width, you will still run over snow in the turns. It's no big deal. By the time you finish the job, you'll get it all.

If I were going to put any wings on my blower, they would only be a few inches wide at the most. You don't want to overload those augers or you'll be shearing the screws. Light storms wouldn't be a big deal, but a good heavy wet one might leave you in regret if your wings were very wide.

Just my estimation. No real experience with this, just faith in John Deere engineering.

·
Registered
973 Posts
ColonyPark I'm in the process of putting wings on mine. I have the 2305 but have wheel spacers on front and rear. I'm like someone had put ,I'm only adding maybe 2" to each side. Just wondering ,do you think the bottom front part of your extension needs to have a curve like the factory had designed the 47 blower.
I'm like you, I going to keep the bottom of extension about a 1/2" off the ground..
With that being said, your extensions looks very nice.. I'm thinking of putting something across the top of blower to help keep snow from going over the blower . I had seen a posting where someone had done this,but so far have not had time to find the posting..

Lets hope none of us have the amount of snow we had last winter..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts