My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Double check but I'm pretty sure you need the 190-450 blower with the 190-448 adapter for the Super.Without the adapter the blower will fit but won't reach the ground.
Good Luck, Bob

·
Super Moderator
17,119 Posts
Ropari I sent you a Pm instead:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
They'll fit my Cyclops, but not a Super.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've been told that you have to change pulleys on a 451 to make it work as the PTO has a different pulley and those blowers are designed to operate at a different RPM than a proper 450. I have no personal experience with this. I'm running a 190-450 and the lift kit(yes it's needed) on my 1872. I also suggest the brace that cub makes that connects the mower lift arm and the front lift arm together. It's on the snowplow page of the Cub parts lookup. I snapped the end off my rock shaft when I hit an immoveble object at speed plowing last year. This is not a fix you ever want to have to deal with.

My 1872 with 450 blower. This combo saved us with last years snows. It will flat out move some snow.

Lift kit in primer in this pic.

from the drivers eat in a blizzard before the cab was aquired.

In this pic I didn't even realize only one side was turning. I had a broken shear pin.

I figured some would like the COOL PICS in this crazy summer heat. I'm kinda tired of 100 degrees!

·
Super Moderator
17,119 Posts
Here are the parts needed to adapt a 451 to supers
Supers SN 756,300 to 821,059
190-448 Complete kit
(1) 717-0869A Gear Box

Supers SN 821,060 & Above
190-529 Complete Kit

:thThumbsU

·
Registered
170 Posts
Squatch would you happen to have a pic of that brace with it actually connected? That diagram is really vague.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sorry I don't have one yet. Another member made me aware of them after last winters mishap. My tractor is in pieces at the moment. I took it apart to replace the rock shaft and got carried away. It's almost back together and I will have one of those straps before I front mount anything else. I gather it's just a strap that goes from the mower lift arm inside the frame to the front lift arm on the outside. I think it just supports the weight with both arms. The mower arms are mounted on a much stouter outer shaft 2"+ diameter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts