My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a really good deal on a 60" snowblower but need it to be 70" wide has anyone ever built extentions? I was thinking just extending it by having a piece of metal bent to the right angle to get the width i want that way it will pull the snow into the auger. Just so the cutting width is wider don't really need the auger any wider. I have all the tools for fabbing this up just wondering what you guys thought or have experienced.

·
10,839 Posts
On a smaller scale, the Case/Ingersoll snowcasters have 'wings' that turn the 38" blower into a 42", I think. Simple thin metal bent to a 45 degree angle, then bent straight again. I'll look for the picture.

Here it is, the concept should work if you use heavier stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for the ideas and pictures more info would be great if anybody else has any. My idea was basically exactlly like the one posted above.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
one thing to think about is that since you are adding 10" of width, you will want to maybe change your driving approach. like a lower gear or higher throttle, just a thought

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i will have to experment with that also. I don't know if it will be to big of a deal it is a 50hp tractor also. But i might have to lower the gear or raise the throttle.

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Here are mine, same idea as the Snowcaster. I do have to slow down a bit in deep snow.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Thats one of the finest snow casters I've ever seen :sidelaugh:sidelaugh slkpk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts