Well thought I would give an update. I've figured it out. Had some issues for awhile, but she is mounted and engaging/disengaging as she should. At first the belt was too tight, but when I first installed it I remembered that the PTO pulley was not evenly spaced. So at that time I stuck a big flathead in the groove and did my best to pull out the squished portions. I got the belt to ride evenly so I figured I was good to go. I really took my time to get it as straight as possible. Well after getting it installed, I noticed the belt was tight which is why I posted in the first place. I noticed the belt was riding much lower in all the other pulleys except the PTO. So again I started with the flathead and pulled on it until it looked similar to the others. Well that did it and fix my disengagement issues. It looked as if something on the cutting deck was hitting the PTO when the deck was lifted which bent it. I never really ran the deck on it except when I first got it a few years ago. That would explain why the blade would keep running after I disengaged it. Really slow, but figured it was just out of adjustment. I remember the deck used to kind of shake, but I found one of the bearings in one of the blades was bad so figured that was causing the shaking.
Anyway, if anybody else needs help with this particular setup, I pretty much got it down. I have a pretty good understanding of how it all works. I was amazed at how much difference that straightening out the PTO did to making this work right. Now we just need snow. Jan. 10 and no snow, what is going on.