My Tractor Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1380 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts
They keep changing our forecast so next week is now the first predicted snow.
It's been raining here for the last 3 days. So I can't do my last mowing so I can get the blower on the 318.
Sounds like you're getting same thing we got. Yep, can barely walk on the yard now due to how wet, and it was nice and dry all summer.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,730 Posts
Looks like the snow at home is mostly in the higher elevations. Yesterday we drove down to NJ in blinding rain. The splash from all the trucks made it difficult to see throughout the 4 1/2 hour nerve-wracking ride and the interstates had water puddling up in places. Still drizzling here, but no snow.

·
Super Moderator
12,070 Posts
Looks like the snow at home is mostly in the higher elevations. Yesterday we drove down to NJ in blinding rain. The splash from all the trucks made it difficult to see throughout the 4 1/2 hour nerve-wracking ride and the interstates had water puddling up in places. Still drizzling here, but no snow.
I was looking forward to seeing snowy pics at your place.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks like next Thursday is supposed to be 65 and sunny, after 3 dry, mild days ... That day will be my final leaf clean up, last fertilizer down, and put mowers away, and bring out the snow blowers to the front of my shop.

·
Super Moderator
12,070 Posts
Yes, next week's clear, and mild weather will give me the window I need to paint the trim on the shed, and be finished with it.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,238 Posts
Snow turned back to rain and 40 degrees. Started wood stove for first time this season.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,545 Posts
It was still raining here neat Taunton at 8 am,but an hour later it turned to heavy snow,and about an inch quickly accumulated on the grassy areas ,so far the roads are just wet & bare,but a lot of wires and my TV antenna cable is sagging under the weight of the wet heavy snow...later on it is expected to drop into the mid 20's,so everything will freeze solid,and I expect a lot of black ice crashes will happen..

I had the power blink off for a milli-second about 11:45 am,and it knocked my computer offine,but the TV and VCR just blinked and didn't lose their clock setting..
I always fear the computer will get a surge and fry something when that happens..
I may bring a 12V battery in the house to power my police scanner and a light in case we lose power again..

I was not prepared for this--I bought two new batteries for my diesel pickup Wednesday,but I put both on a slow charge,they had July date codes (some at the store had February date stickers!--I passed on those,went to another Walmart to hopefully find "fresher" ones)...was going to install them today,but I may hold off till the sun comes out tomorrow..Sunday looks "iffy",cloudy in the morning,rain by afternoon again..
We are making up for the severe drought this summer all in a few weeks span..

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,730 Posts
No more snow predicted at my place. That’s good because we still have nearly half of the leaves on the trees.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
We're expecting another 1-3" Sunday night. then clear and very cold weather for several days, followed by a couple of nice yardwork/golf days. No excuse to be unprepared after that!

·
Premium Member
9,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,371
We ended up with 3-4 inches of wet cement heavy snow and slop. It covered the driveway and roads (wasn't supposed to stick to anything but grass)...

First pic was at 10:30 this morning. Kept snowing all day until after 4:00.

Second pic was at 6:00 (my "barometer" blue spruce). Third pic just after dark at 6:30, those rose bushes are NOT happy...

After work (remote today), I cleaned up the cars, stairs, front walk and driveway, then turned off the outside water and drained the lines, and winterized the RV water lines. Will need to dump the tanks one last time, and still need the irrigation system blown out (they're coming out on Monday).

Don't see any snow in my forecast after this, and we are expecting a slightly warmer trend. But, with the forecast to go to the low 20s tonight, I don't want to take my chances on the RV water lines. It's currently 25 F outside...

Mike

20201030_103812.jpg
20201030_180501.jpg
20201030_182520.jpg
20201030_132645~2.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,372
20 balmy degrees (F) at 6:30 this morning...

Supposed to get to the mid-40s today, with plenty of sun. Melt, baby, melt...

Mike

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
It's 2:30 in the afternoon and I'm not seeing much melting even though it's 36*. Even the tree branches in the sun are still holding snow. I'm dog sitting my daughter's chihuahua so with 4" of snow I cleared her a 4'x4' square to do her business.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The question is, did anyone go out and play with their tractors in it?

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
The question is, did anyone go out and play with their tractors in it?
Tomorrow it is supposed to be warm for a while. The depressing part is that I already set my clocks back and tomorrow a 5 pm it will be getting dark.

·
Premium Member
9,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,376
No time, and not enough snow to play in with the tractors.. But, just enough for it to not be gone yet. Weird to be trick-or-treating with snow on the ground.

Supposed to get lots of rain tomorrow, that should finish off the snow. And, probably trash the lawn.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
No time, and not enough snow to play in with the tractors.. But, just enough for it to not be gone yet. Weird to be trick-or-treating with snow on the ground.

Supposed to get lots of rain tomorrow, that should finish off the snow. And, probably trash the lawn.

Mike
Our snow was down to little piles in the grass when it got dark EARLY tonight. Job one for me this week is scooping the koi out of the little pond in the backyard and into the tank in the basement before the pond freezes over for the winter. I netted two of them today but the rest are on to me now.

·
Premium Member
9,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,378
Same here, small piles of snow (mostly where I had to pile up what I cleaned off the vehicles and shoveled off the driveway), dark way too early, and the ground is extremely swampy.

Radar shows even harder rain coming shortly, but it should all clear out by midnight.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts
We got about 4 inches last night, won't have to worry about removing it since I have 4WD vehicles. No sense in getting salt on the loader.

·
Premium Member
9,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,380
Nothing but cold wind here today. Temps never got above mid-30s. Supposed to stay there overnight, with a chance of rain before dawn.

Tomorrow night is supposed to go down to the upper 20s, then we're supposed to hit a warm spell, with temps near 70 this weekend.

Crazy weather...

Mike

1361 - 1380 of 1380 Posts