My Tractor Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1380 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
It's been spitting snow for the last 24 hrs. High winds caused a 2 hour power outage. Good time to exercise the generator and with the electric company's good expectation setting (they estimated power back between 10-12 tonight) it was a pleasant surprise to get power back before dark.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Was there much snow in New England over the weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,343
I don't know what northern New England got, but down here in MA, it was just a bunch of flurries that melted on contact.

Mike

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,235 Posts
Had two hours of pea sized hail this afternoon. Enough to coat the ground twice.

·
Premium Member
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,345
Glad you kept that to yourself over there!

We had sun, then light rain this morning, then sun, then heavy rain with thunder and lightning late afternoon. That was followed by sun, then finally some more light rain just after dark.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,346
Firing up this thread, might need it for the whopping 1-3 inches we're supposed to get Friday morning...

No, I'm not ready...

Mike

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,720 Posts
We're probably getting the same storm with anywhere from a dusting to a couple inches. Mostly rain though.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
My understanding is that we "might" get snow here in southwestern Maine on Friday. Maybe .1 inches...guess I won't worry about the snowblower that day.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Matt Noyes is being pretty cagy about how much we are supposed to get but it looks like 2-3". I can virtually guarantee 10" if I don't put the plow blade on the X585 and get some gas.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Oh heck NO!!! I still have Halloween decor all over my yard, leaves 6” thick and neither tractor is ready for anything. I have next week off to tackle fall.. I’m sure not ready for winter!!!

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Oh heck NO!!! I still have Halloween decor all over my yard, leaves 6” thick and neither tractor is ready for anything. I have next week off to tackle fall.. I’m sure not ready for winter!!!
Ok, so we can blame you!

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Tractor and blade is kind of ready. Need to attach some front weight. The 2" of snow we got earlier is gone. Left me with mud again.

·
Parts collector
3,606 Posts
I'm not ready either. I have to do 2 more mowings then ge the blower on the 318. Then get the 332 running and put the plow on it.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
It just occurred to me that I have my Craftsman YT back from my son with a triple bagger. I can get the Deere X748 ready for winter anytime and use the Craftsman for mowing/leaf pickup duty. Hope we get one sunny day this weekend.

·
Premium Member
9,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,356
Saturday might be the only sun we see. I'm not holding my breath for how much actual snow we get, but with all the rain this week, I'm not sure that I want to be driving on my lawn right now.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Saturday might be the only sun we see. I'm not holding my breath for how much actual snow we get, but with all the rain this week, I'm not sure that I want to be driving on my lawn right now.

Mike
Hadn't thought of that. This rain will slow down the leaf cleanup if we get the expected 1-2".

·
Parts collector
3,606 Posts
It's been raining here for the last 3 days. So I can't do my last mowing so I can get the blower on the 318.

·
Super Moderator
12,064 Posts
I'm surprised how close the snow is projected to come to the Ct. coast at some point toward the end of the storm. All rain here on L.I. though.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,235 Posts

8 am this morning.

1341 - 1360 of 1380 Posts