My Tractor Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1380 Posts
3,379 Posts
Thanks for all the nice pictures you all posted. We didn't see any snow this year. I'm not complaining either.

·
Super Moderator
32,635 Posts
10 degrees warmer and above freezing this morning, snow from yesterday is pretty much gone, supposed to be mid-50's today! Hopefully able to get out and get some work done in the yard today and also on the trailer!

·
Premium Member
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,323
Currently 47 degrees and very sunny. What's left of the snow is melting, which will make it pretty swampy outside. Will head out this afternoon to get some work done.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
The National Weather Service has predicted that there is a 1% chance of us getting EIGHT INCHES OF SNOW tomorrow night.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
4,214 Posts
I think it's time to find a new pregnosticator for the Feb 2 "Ground Hog Day". Yelp Snow for tomorrow and evening. Hard freeze too. Glad I don't plant garden (plants) till June 1st. It's been a colder and somewhat wet Spring just like last year. Lot's of teasing of a ~70 degree day with sun for a day or twoo then 5-14 days of colder dreariness. I hear the Southwest and Florida are a roasting already.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
After the very wet (20 inches) beginning to the new 2020, things have dried out some and the western part of the Panhandle recently had wildfires due to the dry and warm conditions. We haven't been "roasting" here where I am, just a couple of days where it reached the low 90's. Mainly it's still cooler in the mid 70's to mid 80's range. Supposed to get some rain later this evening. The garden I planted at the end of March could likely use it as I watered it beginning of this week.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,720 Posts
I'll have to cover the potted flowers tonight, and a chance of a dusting by tomorrow morning. As usual, we will eventually go from winter right into summer.

·
Super Moderator
32,635 Posts
Already had the first flurry here this morning! Heard we are supposed to get 1 - 3 inches by tomorrow!!

·
15,000 +posts!
20,538 Posts
Supposed to rain here tonight & tomorrow,barely warm enough not to be snow instead,with highs around 38-40 degrees..may get frost tonight or tomorrow night too..so much for the flowers that were blooming..had a few dozen daffodills blooming the past 2-3 weeks,now dandielions and violets and some tulips are blooming..had so many cold windy rainy days lately I'm surprised anything grows,we're lucky to get a day or two of sunshine a week the past month..

But the trees are all budding and leafing out finally,the one day last week it hit 70 degrees woke up every wasp in town ,I almost got stung several times when I went to put a battery in my van I haven't started or moved since last September..they were looking for nesting places,and now I must get some spray and douse all the usual spots they nest in like the door jambs and under the hood,wheel wells,etc..

I couldn't believe it when I went to start the van--it was last run I think last September,and the battery was weak,it went "Ruh--Ruh---RUH--VROOM!..I only set the choke,and didn't put any gas down the carb or anything !..it immediately smoothed out ,no lifter noises or other scary ones either,it ran almost 20 minutes on a lawn mower tank with maybe a quart of gas in it I rigged to the fuel pump..made me wish it was still my daily driver..it seems eager to be used again,not sit and rot!..
I may end up having to put it back on the road,my pickup needs a ton of work and I cant fix it and still be able to drive it ,it'll be laid up awhile..but the van will need a lot of parts and labor after sitting 10+ years too..

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,236 Posts
48 and rain right now. May switch to snow tonight and NWS says maybe an inch or two in the tri-state area. Reminds me of the snowfall on same days in '77. That was 3-4" with high winds.

·
Premium Member
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,331
Lots of wind here today. Cool, but not cold (yet). Light sprinkles have started.

The crazy winds over the past few weeks have dropped branches and trees, and this giant nest (some sort of wasp, I presume). That's my son's size 9 foot, for comparison...

There's still a bit of it left, over 30 feet aloft on the outer edge of an oak. I can't get that down, I'm just hoping they don't try to rebuild from the same foundation.

He actually spotted it a few weeks before it fell, and pointed it out to me. I told him that I had no way to get it down, and hoped they'd vacated...

Mike
20200424_183453.jpg
20200424_183515.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,332
Flurries (and a bunch of wind) here this morning).

Mike

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,236 Posts
Light dusting here. Started snowing about 10:30 last night.

·
Premium Member
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,334
Everything just melted here. The sun is already out.

Mike

3,379 Posts
It was 35 degrees this morning. Our Governor made an amendment to our "stay at home" order today. You can play golf or tennis or go to the park. But its 35 degrees outside on May 9th.

·
Super Moderator
32,635 Posts
Was 25 degrees here this morning also with a light "dusting" of the ground, still only 30 degrees at almost 11 AM! Supposed to have some mulch delivered today, I'm sure it won't be spread until sometime next week when it warms back up!!

3,379 Posts
You know I ordered 60 bags of mulch from Home Depot and I called about a delivery schedule. They said they stop delivering mulch because of the virus. But can deliver paint, lumber, or anything else. I said , wonderful. They said they will credit my account. So I'm ordered from the company that brought my topsoil out the other day. They said it be two weeks.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,720 Posts
It was 32° this morning with a light dusting of snow. 40° now and we just had a hail shower. Now the sun is back out.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Cooled off considerably from the pleasant mid to high 80's to where it took most of the day to get to barely 70°. Had to fully dress in long denim jeans and a T-shirt to venture outside for a very short time. But watered the garden since the rain completely passed us by.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,236 Posts
Sitting and watching snow squalls roll thru.

1321 - 1340 of 1380 Posts