My Tractor Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1380 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,582 Posts
Yep, had the Mulch and Topsoil ordered and both were supposed to be delivered last Thursday, only the mulch made it and now I'm rearranging delivery of the 10 cy of Topsoil to hopefully later this week! Next week shows rain in the forecast for the whole week!

·
Premium Member
9,655 Posts
Not drinking the kool aid yet.. daytime temps are in the 40-50 degree range.. AccuWeather says 2" possible. We'll see..
I'm not letting my guard down. I know it's only a .1% chance of significant snow, but that's a better chance than I have of dying from this virus. On a lighter note what a beautiful day for storm cleanup with the Deere 318. I got all the pine boughs and a good portion of the trunk in one load of my poly trailer with the wire rack shelving sides I fashioned.

Reactions: FTWingRiders

·
Super Moderator
32,582 Posts
They keep modifying the weather report (imagine that!!) and now tonight possible wet snow but not supposed to stick, then tomorrow night through Friday in the evenings up to 1 - 2 inches possible. Too many of us took our winter equipment off. And I don't thing the Little Buck Loader will be much good in 1 - 2 inches!!

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,304
Interesting re-use of materials, Steve! I think I have some extras of those wire shelves hanging around as well.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,655 Posts
Interesting re-use of materials, Steve! I think I have some extras of those wire shelves hanging around as well.

Mike
The sides are perfect for this job. I can stack brush almost as high as I can reach and then bungie cord the pile down. One time I got carried away and flattened the tires.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,306 (Edited)
Blast it!!! I put the kids' sleds away the other day, and Steve's prediction was right... We're in the 2-4 inch zone overnight tonight (Fri night).

Great googley moogley...

Mike

Reactions: Ken22

·
Premium Member
9,655 Posts
Blast it!!! I put the kids' sleds away the other day, and Steve's prediction was right... We're in the 2-4 inch zone overnight tonight (Fri night).

Great googley moogley...

Mike
I'm in the predicted 5-6" range. You'll be happy to know that the X585 still has the CTA 66" blade on it and the X748 still has the 47 blower, but I think that setup willl be pretty useless in this storm unless it gets colder and the snowfall gets drier and deeper. One more chance to play!

·
Super Moderator
32,582 Posts
Snow started about 30 minutes ago, they aren't saying any accumulation so probably won't have to bring out the FEL for a snow test! :cry::cry:

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,708 Posts
They are calling for about an inch or more by tomorrow morning and it will be 49°. No machine, no shovel, no nothing. I'm good.

·
Super Moderator
32,582 Posts
New report says 1 - 3 tonight and another 1 inch in the morning then mid 40's by afternoon. Hoping to pull trailer in garage and do some more work on it tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,311
I'll probably go to the office tomorrow. Weather is basically going to suck all day.

Mike

3,371 Posts
The good Lord is watching over you all so if you want any more snow this year then put your mower decks on. lol. This snow should be your last snow for the season. Next week we expect warmer temps and I hope you all too have warmer temps.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,313
Went to bed, with forecasts all over the place (anything from a coating to 7 inches)...

Woke up at 4am, the snow was falling lightly, and there was maybe a half inch on the ground.

Fast forward 2.5 hours, and it's been coming down pretty heavily over the past 30-45 minutes. Raining about 20 miles south of here, and there were heavy downpours and possibly thunderstorms, and the moisture from those appears to have slid up to us (but in the form of snow).

Looks like this might continue through 10am, then change to spotty rain for the rest of the day.

About two inches on the ground so far, sticking to absolutely everything...

Mike

20200418_062657.jpg

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,708 Posts
We got nothing but a light snow shower, after they predicted 1-3" last night. Woke up to a little snow on the roof only, which is just about gone now.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,315
We got another 2 inches, so about 4 total (no new pic). Extremely wet and heavy.

Nothing really stuck to the driveway.

Starting to change to rain now. I cleared the cars and am heading into work.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,655 Posts
The X585 sits idle. We were supposed to be in the 5-7" range and we had a couple of hours of steady snow but the marginal temperatures and warm ground leave nothing for my plow to do. My official reading is 1.2", still snowing but now it's melting as fast as it comes down, leaving my snow measurement board just wet.

·
Super Moderator
32,582 Posts
We had about 3 - 4 inches, mother nature is in the process of eliminating the problem now, 36 degrees and heading towards mid 40's supposedly.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Same here as Steve.. a couple inches on the grass, outdoor furniture.. but nothing on the drive. Gotta be honest, thought I was going to have to eat crow over my earlier prediction.. lol. I figured I still have the QA on the X and could put the blade on if needed. The snow does put my weekend plans on hold as I was hoping to continue cutting down the brush on the side of the drive. Maybe tomorrow..
8A9CF1D9-FA51-4839-9F4D-7A70A06EF917.jpeg

·
15,000 +posts!
20,534 Posts
I woke up to snow ,the flakes were as big as leaves,and there was about 2-3" on the grass..
Driveway and street were still just wet...only stuck to the grassy surfaces..

By noon most of it was melted,only some spots on the lawn still have less than 1/2" on it now..

Furnace has been going quite a bit though,so it must still be in the 30's outside..

3,371 Posts
Went to bed, with forecasts all over the place (anything from a coating to 7 inches)...

Woke up at 4am, the snow was falling lightly, and there was maybe a half inch on the ground.

Fast forward 2.5 hours, and it's been coming down pretty heavily over the past 30-45 minutes. Raining about 20 miles south of here, and there were heavy downpours and possibly thunderstorms, and the moisture from those appears to have slid up to us (but in the form of snow).

Looks like this might continue through 10am, then change to spotty rain for the rest of the day.

About two inches on the ground so far, sticking to absolutely everything...

Mike

View attachment 2453114
Nice scenic picture.

1301 - 1320 of 1380 Posts