My Tractor Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1345 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,600 Posts
I bet we get whacked one more time in late March/Early April just when everyone is ready for spring.

·
Premium Member
9,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,204
I bet we get whacked one more time in late March/Early April just when everyone is ready for spring.
I'm banking on it...

Mike

·
Super Moderator
11,910 Posts
Yes, in some ways March has become the new February for us over the last few years. Anything is still possible.

·
Super Moderator
31,861 Posts
Didn't even fall below freezing last night and supposed to be in the 50's today!! Where was this weather when I was a kid and walking with my sister to the bus stop a mile???

·
Super Moderator
11,910 Posts
lol. And waiting at the bus stop at the main rd. which would be unplowed, and buried in snow in the middle of snowstorms for a school bus that never came because the schools were closed, but we didn't hear it on the radio? What a hoot that used to be.

·
Premium Member
9,600 Posts
Didn't even fall below freezing last night and supposed to be in the 50's today!! Where was this weather when I was a kid and walking with my sister to the bus stop a mile???
You forgot the part about it being uphill, both ways in your bare feet carrying your little brother on your back.

·
Super Moderator
31,861 Posts
lol. And waiting at the bus stop at the main rd. which would be unplowed, and buried in snow in the middle of snowstorms for a school bus that never came because the schools were closed, but we didn't hear it on the radio? What a hoot that used to be.
Used to duck behind every tree when the wind was blowing just to get a break. And back in those days my sister wasn't allowed to wear pants, amazing she never got frostbite on her legs!
You forgot the part about it being uphill, both ways in your bare feet carrying your little brother on your back.
That was my dad's trip to the school house!

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,182 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,861 Posts
So far about a bit more than an inch but supposed to snow later and continue for several hours, they aren't predicting more than a few inches total. Will probably try the 47 blower out tomorrow just for fun.

·
Premium Member
9,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,212

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,550 Posts
We had strong wind gusts and snow showers this morning but nothing stuck. I would not want to be up north where that lake effect snow buries them on occasion.

·
Super Moderator
31,861 Posts
Well we've had a few bands come through today and we have maybe 3 - 4 inches as of now. Supposed to snow some tonight and through Saturday. Seven inches was the most we got this season so we'll see if this one can match that. Should be enough tomorrow to give the 47 blower a bit of a test.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,182 Posts
From Syracuse news:
Syracuse, N.Y. -- More than 2 feet of snow has already fallen on Upstate New York’s Tug Hill, and another 2 feet is forecast through Sunday in a long-lasting lake effect snowstorm.
Meanwhile, Central New York could see a few inches, just enough for the National Weather Service to issue a low-grade winter weather advisory.
As of 8 a.m., more than 29 inches had already fallen in the Lewis County village of Copenhagen. Other areas had more than a foot by Thursday night. The weather service reported that 13 inches of snow had fallen in Redfield, in Oswego County, in the heart of the lake effect band. In Western New York, where high winds were blowing lake effect snow off Lake Erie, 13.5 inches had fallen in the Erie County village of Springville.

·
14,550 Posts
Here are some pictures of the ice storm on 2/28/20 in Hamburg NY, just south of Buffalo. Heavy winds blew the Lake Erie water up and onto the houses, where it froze solid. I have never seen this before. Pretty surreal.

·
Super Moderator
11,910 Posts
It looks like a gingerbread house. I have to wonder how much extra weight it's carrying. Quite a bit what ever it is.

·
14,550 Posts
Gives new meaning to the term "Lakefront".

1201 - 1220 of 1345 Posts