My Tractor Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1345 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,153 Posts
We got about 3" then freezing rain now it is snowing again this morning, did go clear it since it is supposed to go down to teens tomorrow, don't want to deal with the ice when it freezes.

·
Administrator- We’re all friends here
14,479 Posts
The local channel predicted 3-5". We got about 1" of heavy, wet stuff. I used the tractor to quickly blow it off the driveway. I used to shovel if it was an inch or less. Not anymore. ?

·
Registered
717 Posts
APinNY Same here. Hope they are wrong about the arctic air coming.

·
Administrator- We’re all friends here
14,479 Posts
Lou, they just updated it. Sub-zero for Saturday morning, but warming up Sunday. ?

·
Premium Member
9,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,187
Cold and windy this evening, dropping to single digits (F) overnight tonight. After a cold weekend, it's supposed to warm back up (40s). No snow in the 14-day forecast.

This SUCKS!!!!!

Mike

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
4,060 Posts
We just keep getting teased with snow, had about 6" on two quick fronts moving through, all caused by by huge drops in temps coming across the lakes. Looks like maybe another 1" tonight and another 1" Monday and another 1" on Tuesday.

·
Super Moderator
31,153 Posts
Well it's 1 degree outside which is the coldest it's been all winter. I'm seeing temp's predicted in the 50's in the 10 day forecast! And the roller coaster continues!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
It was -3 here at 7 AM but two hours later it is up to +9. The forecast is 32 this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
9,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,191
I woke up at 3 am, and again at 5:30 (reloaded the woodstove), but didn't think about looking at the outside temps. It was expected to be single digits, and I'm sure it was at least close to that. It was hovering around 20 at 10:30.

Yes, we're supposed to see temps over 50 degrees next week here too. Bizarre patterns for Jan and Feb.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,580 Posts
We bottomed out at -1 F at about 7:00 this morning. We already had one morning at -7 back in December. First they were talking warm up next week, then polar air was supposed to overwhelm the moderate air in place. Now it looks like we are going to avoid the deep freeze again. I'm happy with that. As each day passes the sun gets a little higher in the sky and the chances of ice dams on my roof line drops.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Woke up to a couple inches of fresh snow and -7C temps so I took the time to plow it despite it still snowing. It's supposed to get much colder tomorrow so I didn't want to put it off. It's also quite windy so some parts might drift back in.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Minus 5 at 7AM. Went as high as 24 it is 15 now.

·
Premium Member
9,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,196
All rain here again today. North of us was supposed to get an inch or more (of snow), but not much.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,580 Posts
Only an inch of snow here, but we can't shake the freezing rain.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
4,060 Posts
Well mother is doing her best delivery of the white stuff Tuesday night till Thursday morning.

·
Premium Member
9,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,200
We're in a warm spell. Next weekend looks like it will be cold enough to support snow or ice, but it's supposed to be dry. Plenty of midweek rain during both of the upcoming two weeks, starting tomorrow.

Mike

1181 - 1200 of 1345 Posts