My Tractor Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1345 Posts

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
When I finally called it a day yesterday, there was an inch of very fine snow that had fallen. Overnight another inch of large snowflakes fell so I will run the blade over it today.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
How about introducing us to your helper...I noticed him (her?) in your video last week...Nice looking dog!
She is Gahlen, a "not for show" purebred German Shepard due to her floppy ears. I had German Shepards my entire life.
Here is a pic of Kora, the previous GSD we had.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,568 Posts
LL, you look like an advertisement for a cab. :LOL:

We had 3" of heavy snow overnight. I busted the impeller shear pin on a bagged newspaper in the neighbor's driveway. Fortunately, I had one.

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,165
Newspapers are the worst, sometimes they don't break the pins before damaging augers and impeller.

I never got back outside today, so no pics. Temps were in the 40s today, so the snow melted and compressed quite a bit. I'm going to clear it up later, before it all refreezes (temps are supposed to drop into the teens overnight tonight).

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,612 Posts
We got about 5" overnight, then a dusting of graupel this afternoon. Pretty weird getting pelted with hollow little ice balls with the sun out.

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Got about 3" of wet snow yesterday. Temps went from -30 last week, to just around 0C now. Wish it stayed a little colder (-5 to -10C), as it makes removing the snow easier and it doesn't convert to ice as easily....

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,168
We're getting plenty of freeze/thaw cycling here this week, after a very cold stretch. No new snow in the forecast for at least another week.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,612 Posts
Will groundhogs see their shadow tomorrow? Not likely here North of Frostbite Falls.
I don't know if they will see their shadows, but we have hardly had any winter yet.

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,171
^^^DITTO^^^

We were told earlier in the week to expect a possible substantial storm this weekend. As of Thursday, the forecast had the whole thing going out to sea, leaving us with zero precip.

Woke up to about 3/4 of an inch of snow on the ground. Wet and miserable out now, but at least no wind to make it raw.

Mike

3,162 Posts
No snow in the future. In fact temperatures are 20 degrees above normal on some days. I'm not complaining. The snowblower can collect dust for the rest of the year. Here's the next seven days outlook. It looks like Phil is going to see his shadow.

7_DAY 2-2-20.jpg
7_DAY 2-2-20.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
We seem to be getting the weather we normally have in January, now in February, and vice versa (Jan was a lot colder than normal). Just had 1/2" of really wet snow w some freezing rain, so it's an icy mess. And with more of snow/rain with temp around freezing, followed by several days of below zero temps, so it all sucks to remove.

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,174
Our forecast for this upcoming week keeps changing, but they're currently telling us to watch for something on Thursday. Might actually get nice weather next weekend, but there may be snow/ice on the ground by then.

Mike

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
We got a fine dusting of snow overnight and expecting more light snow with a high of 0°C.

Our Wiarton Willie says it will be an early Spring.

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,177
Got some messy stuff yesterday morning. Not much at home, but almost an inch at work, which make a nice icy mess in the parking lot. That basically all melted since yesterday, and we've gotten heavy rain and wind since.

Still no real snow in sight...

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,612 Posts
We got about 3" then sleet and freezing rain. Everything has melted down to about 2" of slush everywhere except the driveway where I plowed.

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,179
TWC had been calling for 1-3 inches last night, we got maybe a half inch, then it turned to rain, which is expected to last all day.

Mike

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
We got about an inch but then it got windy and drifted. Temps were falling fast and I didn't want to run the tractor in such extremes. Woke up to -36C this morning so the plowing will have to wait until the weekend.

1161 - 1180 of 1345 Posts