My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've got an old 165 hydro with the 38" single stage snow thrower. It has a lift spring (shock) which is bad (doesn't move at all). I found the part on the JD website, but they want about $85 for it. I'm sure somebody makes one that is significantly less expensive, but I'm not sure how to find one.

I thought someone here might have had the same problem. If so, please let me know what you did to replace the worn lift spring.

It is listed as:
Stabilus Lift-O-Mat
7222ZY 0655N 222/08 C 2

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Are you sure on the pn? For the 321 and 338 blowers I show the lift spring part number as M82761. Looks like $13 at greenfarmparts.com

I had to replace it and the bracket that attaches to the mower body last year (missing). Had to hunt around a bit for that bracket.

For the 38 there's a gas lift rod - might be the one you're talking about. Looks like about $67 most places.

Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the PN I am in need of:

AM102334

It is listed in the 1009 - 32, 32A, 321, 338 and 38-Inch Tractor-Mounted Snow Throwers - 30Aug01
section on JDPC as part number 6.

It lists for $85! Ouch!

·
Registered
543 Posts
yeah, that's the gas lift rod. $67 at greenfarmparts.com is the best I saw with a quick search

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For what it's worth, I called Mark at Customgassprings.com and he can get one to me for about half that. Although I also hear that I shouldn't be able to move it by hand at all, so I am going to check to see if mine is even bad.

·
Premium Member
9,753 Posts
For what it's worth, I called Mark at Customgassprings.com and he can get one to me for about half that. Although I also hear that I shouldn't be able to move it by hand at all, so I am going to check to see if mine is even bad.
I couldn't move mine by hand and it turned out to be OK !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.