My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in New England/upstate NY, just watched the local Boston weather. 1"-3" thursday and the potential for 3"-12" on Saturday, north and west of the city. That means NH, VT and NY when they say that.

Are you ready? Do you have your blower or blade on yet, or are you still dealing with leaves (like me)? :banghead3

It's coming...:snowing:

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,038 Posts
They're predicting some accumulation in the mountains and hilltowns and the lower Adirondacks. I'm still in leaf mode. One year we had several inches on top of the leaves. It stayed until Spring and the lawn was almost smothered. It was a mess. I hope that never happens again. :eek:

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
:banghead3 I'm waiting on some gasket material to put the engine back in my tractor...:banghead3

Other than that I'm ready for winter, when ever it comes, if it does around these parts.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My X530 with 44" blower arrived this past Friday, so I'm good there. My lawn is still too new to be driving it around on, so I had them deliver it with the blower installed. I've been using a backpack blower for the lawn. Effective, but not quick.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
33,644 Posts
We're supposed to see a mix on Thursday night, Friday night and some on Saturday but no accumulation is being mentioned. I'm ready though!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
No snow predicted up here in Eastern Canada yet, been too warm. Just about ready, in the process of installing my new OTC Cab on the x530.

Attachments

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Whatever we get here, if anything will probably be gone within a few hours.

Either it melts or I plow it :)

·
Premium Member
9,782 Posts
Wow, I'm really not ready for a foot of snow! I guess I can throw some chains on the 214 with the plow just in case. I already changed the oil and ran the Ariens walk behind for a little while, So I won't get stuck! My oaks haven't released their barrage of leaves yet so I'm not ready to swap the mower deck off the Craftsman (only one with a bagger and two-stage blower).

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No snow predicted up here in Eastern Canada yet, been too warm. Just about ready, in the process of installing my new OTC Cab on the x530.
That's a tease. Get pics on here ASAP!!

10:30 Eastern time Tue: Thur-1"-2" on the ground for west/north metro Boston. The weatherman didn't even want to get into the weekend. "Could be a couple inches could be a foot."

If I get out of work early enough tomorrow and take care of most of the leaves, BRING IT! :Tractor2:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yesterday the forecast for Saturday was rain with maybe a little snow mixed in at the tail end of the system. Now it's all snow.

National Weather Service issued a winter storm alert for the eastern half of PA with accumulations of 6-10".

We haven't even had frost yet...

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Wow, I'm really not ready for a foot of snow! I guess I can throw some chains on the 214 with the plow just in case. I already changed the oil and ran the Ariens walk behind for a little while, So I won't get stuck! My oaks haven't released their barrage of leaves yet so I'm not ready to swap the mower deck off the Craftsman (only one with a bagger and two-stage blower).
Oh come on you big baby! My 8 year old rolled his 990 off the truck, put the blade on it himself, and proceeded to plow the heck out of some snow the day he got it.

Do I need to send him up north?

Oh wait, we're supposed to get a little snow this weekend too. I'll need him myself.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,038 Posts
This one is going to sit on the driveway until it melts. I'm not done with Fall yet. :1336:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Early season coastal storms are always so much fun. I had +3" snow yesterday that did not completely melt and it looks likely that the western Mass hilltowns will see plowable snow with this weekend storm. Like a lot of the members here I am not ready. At least my woodpile is covered and I dettached my rotary cutter. I will probably drop my FEL toothbar tomorrow.
NH TC29DA with 14LA and HD QA 60" bucket, weighted R-1's, FOPS, CCM M-160 (58") Tiller, Tebben MD 60" Rotary Cutter, Woods LR 108 (96") Landscape Rake, FEL cutting edge and tooth bar, Woods GB60 (60") Box Blade

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
NWS issued a Winter Storm Warning for SE WV for tonight and Saturday morning with 4" to 6" expected above 2500 feet. It won't last long.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Channel 7 Boston says 6-10 for my area, channel 4 Boston says 3-6, channel 5 Boston says 6-10, while channel 9 NH is saying 2-4. So... 2-10 inches... that's a bit vague.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Not scheduled to start until 3pm over here, so I'll have time to lay down some Lime and crab grass stuff with the walkbehind.
Removed all the leaves Friday, put the rose bushes to sleep, turned over the compost heep, charged up one battery, and brought in a couple armfuls of dry wood for eh wood stove. Whatever comes, I've got bread & milk, and enough indoor projects to keep me busy.
Machines are all sitting under cover. Not that I really need to clear my driveway anymore. Only need a 10 inch path to walk to the mail box and back.

·
Premium Member
9,782 Posts
For those of you in the warning area, what's your plan for tomorrow? Here's mine:

Bread, milk, water - DONE
Test run Ariens walk behind - DONE
1) Fill gas cans
2) Test run generator
3) Remove canvas roof from gazebo
4) Police driveway for debris
5) Chains on JD 214 w/plow
6) Mow, mulch and bag leaves if possible (still wet from yesterday's storm)
7) Install blower and chains on at least one tractor
8) Close tiki bar for the season :sad_02:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts