My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use a snow plow on the front of their Kubota? If so, I need some ideas.

I sold my wheelhorse tractor but kept the front snow blade. It looks like I can extend the rear of the blade mount about two feet and make a dropdown bracket to mount it to but wondering if I can use the belly lift from the mower deck to lift the plow. I don't have external hydraulics to put a cylinder on the front so I am thinking of different ideas.

Here is a picture of the plow and the side handle would be just in front of the right side footboard. This is a nice plow and turns 45 deg either way very easily.

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Sold the WH? You must have had a buyer lined up :D

Your plow idea may work. I use a similar plow on my 856 and it's definitely stout enough to work on a bigger tractor.

You could mod up a set of WH OEM rear quick attaches to bolt up to the B7100's frame in some manner and you could also mod up some kind of linkage off of the MMM lift.
You may have to bend that angle lever out to clear the footboards but I'd say it is doable.
Just about all the Kubota OEM front plows mount to the front of the tractor and don't run back like on WH's, that said it should work out pretty good. If possible try to keep the plow as stock as possible and make all your mods to the custom mounting/lift brackets.
Good luck
Dave

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi, When I got my tractor (b7100) last year I mounted an old simplicity plow on it. It was 46inches wide. Because it was temporary I used a piece of 1/2conduit and bent it so it would fit from the hydraulics in the back to the plow. It worked ok.If you could use something stronger I'm sure it would work indefinetly. Being only 46 inches wide I couldn't angle it as the snow that moved to the side was run over by the rear tires. After adding hydraulics to the machine I added 10inches to each side of the blade and now it works great.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I don't want to weld on the plow. I can make brackets that can be removed. I still have the WH plow mount and will try to adapt it to the belly of the 7100 somehow. This way if it doesn't work out I can still sell the plow. My only concern is that the plow is 42" wide and not 48" which at an angle would be narrower than the front wheels.

Don't know if I should even mess with it and try another approach by finding a wider plow.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'd say that 42" is too narrow. Maybe use the WH frame but find a wider blade, at least the width of the tractor.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 1980 B7100, manual trans. Last winter I bought a used Kimpex ATV blade that was used on a Honda Foreman 4x4. The mount for the fame stayed with the ATV as part of the skid plate. I made my own bracket/mount so the frame mounts/dismounts with the 2 spring loaded pins at the rear of the frame. The bracket was fabbed up out of wood/plywood first to make sure everything would work, then I cut my steel & welded it up. It bolts to the bell housing using existing threaded holes with 3 bolts on each side - not sure if this is where a mid mower would attach or a frame for a FEL. I use a cheap $40 winch (power in/out) to raise/lower & the blade will angle to each side. It was a 5' originally but I cut 6" off each side (saved the offcuts!) to make it easier to get around my driveway here in the city. Now that I leave it at our summer cottage with more room to maneuver, I may weld the pieces back on. A buddy got me a wear strip off a large loader bucket that I used to replace the old wear strip & I hang my 2 suitcase weights off a bracket I welded up on the back of the top edge of the blade. I only have about $175 hard-earned Canadian $ in the whole setup. It works great. E-mail me & I can send you some photos of the blade & mount.

[email protected]

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Welcome aboard Piker. I know I'd be interested in see those pics.
Posting pics to this forum is pretty easy and you don't have to have them on another hosted site. You can upload them directly from your PC to here.
1st choose the "Go Advanced" tab just below the "quick reply" box
It will take you to the advanced "reply to post" screen.

Scroll down alittle bit then click on "Manage attachments".

It will then take you to a popup screen that will allow you to select up to 6 "browse" buttons that you use to find the pics on your computer.

Click on the "browse" button to find the pics on your PC.

Double click on the pics and they will show in each browse box.
Once you've picked them, click on "Upload".
It'll take a minute or two for the site to download your pics, once it's down it'll show you they are dpwnloaded. You can then close that popup screen and select "preview" to make sure they are there. Once they're there, finish typeing whatever you want then select "post" and your done.
Otherwise you can email them to me at: [email protected] and I'll gladly post them for you.
Dave

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Piker! I would like to see the pics to give me ideas. I have a 1500lb small winch I could use on the front but would also entertain the idea of useing the belly lift too.

I could probably use the WH plow and get a piece of 1/8 steel wider and just bolt it on the face of the existing and add some carriage bolts.

Lets see them pics:thanku:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts