My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally we received some snow last night so I got to try my new x530 blowing snow this morning. It performed very well. The snow was a bit on the heavy side but the engine never seemed to mind it. The 44 blower was so quiet running, it was hard to tell that it was running. The only thing I might improve on it getting the chute to turn more. Right now, it only turns just more than 180 degrees so I saw another thread where more slots were cut out to make it turn farther. The OTC cab was great to sit inside of with great visibility. I will add lights on the cab sometime in the future as the chute completely blocks one headlight but the other headlight did a pretty good job of lighting up what I needed to see in front of me. Traction was not an issue either, especially in my back yard when going in reverse. Can't wait for the next snow to get it out again.

Attachments

·
It's not easy being green
348 Posts
Nice setup you have there. Glad the X530 performed well for you.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Very nice package! Glad the snow found you.

·
Super Moderator
33,649 Posts
Well if we don't get some soon we may have to load them on the trucks and trailers and pay you a visit!:fing32:

Yours sure did a nice job on the snow and glad you didn't have any traction issues. Aren't cabs great?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Wow, that looks great. I hope it keeps you as happy for the rest of this year and many to come.

:thanku:for the review and pics.:thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
16,675 Posts
Well, finally we received some snow last night so I got to try my new x530 blowing snow this morning. It performed very well. The snow was a bit on the heavy side but the engine never seemed to mind it. The 44 blower was so quiet running, it was hard to tell that it was running. The only thing I might improve on it getting the chute to turn more. Right now, it only turns just more than 180 degrees so I saw another thread where more slots were cut out to make it turn farther. The OTC cab was great to sit inside of with great visibility. I will add lights on the cab sometime in the future as the chute completely blocks one headlight but the other headlight did a pretty good job of lighting up what I needed to see in front of me. Traction was not an issue either, especially in my back yard when going in reverse. Can't wait for the next snow to get it out again.
Looks Great! Glad you had Fun Playing(Working) in the Snow It going to Be 60 degrees F. Here tomorrow But should have snow shortly in Northern,IL :thThumbsU

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
You got all the snow down there, we get only 8 cm here. :crybaby:
The are indeed great machine. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
258 Posts
Enjoy the snow. Here in Minnesota it was 62 degrees today. Go figure.

·
Banned
221 Posts
Nice. Still waiting for the cold and the snow here. Hey I would love more info on where to find the thread about making the chute spin farther - anybody know?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looks Great! Glad you had Fun Playing(Working) in the Snow It going to Be 60 degrees F. Here tomorrow But should have snow shortly in Northern,IL :thThumbsU
:ditto::ditto: slkpk

·
Tractor nut, general nut
461 Posts

·
Administrator
12,567 Posts
Nice set up, sure looks like it did a fine job on the driveway. Please keep the white stuff up there, I'm in no rush to use my snowblower.....:thanku:

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Thanks for the pics, that's a real nice setup!:fing32:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey, set up looks great and it looks like it did a really good job on the snow.
Todd

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
Great rig, glad you got to use it! I'll be content to gaze out at bare ground for a while longer. Of course, we had out first heavy snow back in October!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the compliments fellow MTF members. We also received some snow in October but only 1 to 2 inches on the ground, which really did not call for any snowblower usage.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Coming back from London we had to stop in Gander Newfoundland for fuel in case we needed to circle Boston due to that storm. Got real windy but just rain here. I was hoping for snow!:banghead3

Glad to hear the X530 w/44" blower works great seeing how thats MY setup too!:fing32:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Coming back from London we had to stop in Gander Newfoundland for fuel in case we needed to circle Boston due to that storm. Got real windy but just rain here. I was hoping for snow!:banghead3

Glad to hear the X530 w/44" blower works great seeing how thats MY setup too!:fing32:
The snow will come, I am sure of it. And, you will enjoy using your new tractor, trust me. :trink39:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts

:swow: Don't know what NH you live in, but I have 10 inches on the ground ??????

1 - 20 of 26 Posts