My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 4th, and it might be interesting to see who got any snow so far, and if you did how much? Any predicted this coming week? Have at it.:tango_face_smile:

·
Parts collector
2,769 Posts
looks like rain and wet snow for the first week of deer season like last year. :tango_face_crying:

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
We had maybe 1/2" a week ago, and looking at an inch or 2 overnight/tomorrow, here in Edmonton.

Calgary got a bunch awhile ago, but that's normal because, deep down, they are basically terrible people. :) Go Oilers.

·
Parts collector
2,769 Posts
We had maybe 1/2" a week ago, and looking at an inch or 2 overnight/tomorrow, here in Edmonton.

Calgary got a bunch awhile ago, but that's normal because, deep down, they are basically terrible people. :) Go Oilers.
:sidelaugh

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On Thanksgiving,overnight, got only a "dusting" of wet snow NW of Detroit, mostly rainy. Was couple hours NE of Detroit over weekend, rainy but one town got hit with hail and snow. Covered cars but didn't stick. Lower 40s rest of this week, some rain or snow showers is all. Nothing to get the plow out for. Besides, my leaves haven't all come down and the grass is still growing.

·
Premium Member
9,166 Posts
They are predicting anywhere from nothing to 5" here Thursday night into Friday. Looks like I should get the plow blade on the x585 some afternoon this week.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
On Thanksgiving,overnight, got only a "dusting" of wet snow NW of Detroit, mostly rainy. Was couple hours NE of Detroit over weekend, rainy but one town got hit with hail and snow. Covered cars but didn't stick. Lower 40s rest of this week, some rain or snow showers is all. Nothing to get the plow out for. Besides, my leaves haven't all come down and the grass is still growing.
Thanksgiving comes early in Michigan ?

·
Administrator
4,570 Posts
Had an inch a couple of times this last week, mostly melts by noon though. Don't worry, it's coming.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
TWC app currently says we'll get an inch Thursday night into Friday morning. Last night, they said 1-3. The TV guys aren't committing to anything specific, but don't expect a blockbuster.

South central Mass, BTW.

Mike

·
15,000 +posts!
19,603 Posts
I used my SS-12 to plow a ton of leaves today,rather than rake them--they had piled up against the house garage and along the driveway about a foot deep--the plow works very well to shove them off into the woods ,leaves nearly bare grass after one pass--I just lift up on the plow a little to avoid it digging in..

I only had to use the rake to pull the leaves away from the house and the garage where the tractor couldn't go..it looks like more rain tomorrow,so I'll have to wait till Wednesday at least to mulch up the rest of the leaves on the lawn along the driveway where all the trees are..the 60+ mph winds pretty much stripped all the leaves off all the trees last Thursday night ..

·
Registered
512 Posts
On October 11th we got 12". Other parts of the province got double that. Within a week it was gone. I couldn't believe it. Sitting at zero snow but day to day it doesn't look good.

·
5,207 Posts
Here in the Quad Cities (Davenport, Iowa) we got about 3.5 on Halloween and had a couple of light snows that stuck to the grass but melted quickly. I guess I'm as ready for it as I can be however my wife is recovering from a detached tendon on her gluteous medious muscle and had surgery 8/12 to repair it so she is getting around with a cane right now and can not help with the snow. I haven't figured out how to attach a snow shovel to her cane yet. Bill

·
JD X585 owner
507 Posts
They are predicting anywhere from nothing to 5" here Thursday night into Friday. Looks like I should get the plow blade on the x585 some afternoon this week.
Yeah, looking forward to seeing what Friday morning looks like out here in eastern Hampden county, MA, too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 93 Posts