My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a plow for my 1476 for some time and I have found nothing. Is this usual? Anybody close to wisconsin willing to sell one?

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
I have not seen many around but wow $300.00 seems like a lot of money. They did not specify that it came with the hydraulic cylinder for angle movement. You can see the hydraulic cylinder in this picture of my 1886-01

Attachments

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
The proper blade for a 1476 would be the one on which the angle is adjusted manually. $300 does seem like a lot. I found one in Indiana a couple of years ago for $25 on eBay. Of course, as luck would have it, I had a 6 hour round trip to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I have been having trouble finding a good plow too. I have plenty for tubeframes, but nothing for my Large frames.

Jason

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Any 50-60 inch blade would work. You just need to build a mount for it.
You can do something funky this this guy did:

Or go with a stock plow frame design like in that eBay ad above.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The proper blade for a 1476 would be the one on which the angle is adjusted manually. $300 does seem like a lot. I found one in Indiana a couple of years ago for $25 on eBay. Of course, as luck would have it, I had a 6 hour round trip to pick it up.
That NOS plow is $400. Plus another $100 for shipping. $500 is alot of money.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Yea but if you want a plow, and there isn't many to be had, the price goes up. I paid $300 for the one I've got, and I may have to replace the cylinder and the hydraulic hoses will definitely have to be replaced. So it will cost me close to that one that is NOS. If you can afford it, you better not wait long, just go ahead and get it.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I guess I lucked onto my Bolens 54" blade. I answered an ad for Bolens tiller attachment, which turned out to be an almost unused large frame tiller with one extension, and the guy tells me " there's a plow blade, too, but I don't know what it fits".

A tenant had moved out of a rental house of his and left them behind in the weeds in the backyard.

I ended up with both for $50

I spent $225 building my hydraulic angle plow mount for it, though.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
I have been having trouble finding a good plow too. I have plenty for tubeframes, but nothing for my Large frames.

Jason
There are some snowcasters around fairly often. You could get one and use the frame from it to mount a plow. Then you could get most any plow and figure out how to mount it on the frame. I just got rid of a large frame snowcaster a few weeks ago. Just an idea for you.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
You can also take a snowcaster and take the auger out, this makes for a cheap pusher, snow or whatever.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I luckly found a plow on craigslist. It was a very old ad, without a picture. I usually only search for items with pictures. I turned off the picture option and found it. It was actually very close to my house too (15 miles). While I was there I found a grader blade for a large frame too. Seller was sure it was a Bolens product, but I can tell its home made but still very heavy duty. The plow was barly used but has sat outside for some time. The scraper blade and shoes are barly worn. I got the grader blade mounted tonight, and it seems to bind as it goes up and down so I have to tinkering to do, but I think it will work great. Best part is I paid $50 each.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts