My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the width of a snow caster for a case 444?
Nick

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Ideally you would use the 48" for the 400 series, but there is a 38" also that will fit it but not be as wide as the tire tracks.

There is also a wing kit that will stretch either of these models a few extra inches.

My 224 specificly ASKED for a 38" snowcaster, she said the big one would make her look fat.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. There is a 38in snow caster near by, but I think it will be too narrow to do a good job on the 444. I don't intend to use it on my 220, so I will pass on it.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Thanks. There is a 38in snow caster near by, but I think it will be too narrow to do a good job on the 444. I don't intend to use it on my 220, so I will pass on it.

If you can buy that 38" cheap, then grab it. For less than $60.00, Brian will sell you a pair of factory made "wings" that will bolt right onto it and widen it to 42" cut. That's wide enough to keep your tires from driving over fresh snow while blowing snow.

The only difference between the 38" and the 48" blowers is that ten inches of width.

If you wanted to, you could make your own set of wings and increase the cut to 44".

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I will probably do just that.
Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts