My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ordered my new 47 inch quick hitch snowblower today. I asked the saleman if I could also order the remote spout cap kit. He informed me that he didn't think JD was making them anymore and suggested that I order this contraption from a 3rd party. (Photo provided by salesman). Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,124 Posts
Is he involved with the aftermarket company the remote cap control kit is BM20960 $111.00. BTW the aftermarket is better than the OEM. THe OEM is just cables not a actuator like that.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
921 Posts
I saw a picture here the others day where someone had that on their blower. I can't remember who it was but there is someone here who has it for sure.

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
Are you kidding ?? The cable on my #44 is easy to use, just twist and turn.

:sorry1: If you have arthritis or something !! don't want to be insensitive.
That thing looks like a Rube Goldberg waiting to freeze up ??

·
Registered
232 Posts
That one looks to be Dude Mans, you can see the pic over in the "The 700 club thread" He used the same actuator as me but I put mine on the back of the spout. I would not be without it

There is no kit or anything, just by a 6-10" stroke actuator and a 3-way switch and put it on.

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you kidding ?? The cable on my #44 is easy to use, just twist and turn.

:sorry1: If you have arthritis or something !! don't want to be insensitive.
That thing looks like a Rube Goldberg waiting to freeze up ??
Rube Goldberg indeed... It looks like something that will work great until it doesn't.:banghead3

However, I'm all for fancified gadgetry and if others on the forum have had success with an actuator system maybe I'll just give it a shot. Maybe if I painted it to match it wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. Worse that can happen is I'll end up buying the cable kit anyway, right?

Thank you all for the replies. This is a great forum.

·
GANG GREEN GIZMOW KILLER!
1,244 Posts
I was thinking about making mine adjust like that.

I been using these actuators for years in all weather with no care given and they work fine untill I force them to break.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I d think if one was worried about water getting into the lower part of the actuator that a rubber sleeve/cover could be made from say an old inner tube that would ride up and down with the spout section would give you extra insurance .

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
This thread is one of the ones that make MTF GREAT!

You want it , go for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I put this on mine and I love it. Have had no problems. I think if you do a search you should come up with more information. There was a lengthy thread about a year ago detailing how to do this. That's where I got the idea.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
I'm surprised no one knows what that is it's a Linear lift actuator they use them for all sorts of applications car hoods, doors, roofs, you name it there are all kind of sources for them on Google heres a few.

http://www.firgelliauto.com/linear-motor-projects.php

http://www2.northerntool.com/auto-suv-truck-accessories/truck-hardware/item-125011.htm

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/product.lasso?prodinc=linearactuators

The AutoLoc ones are very weather resistant and hold up well.

I just found the one they offered to sell you how much did they want for theirs ?

Attachments

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The one that was recommended was a 4 inch actuator with a mounting bracket that bolts right on to the JD chute for $90.

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I d think if one was worried about water getting into the lower part of the actuator that a rubber sleeve/cover could be made from say an old inner tube that would ride up and down with the spout section would give you extra insurance .
Good idea.:thanku:

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I've got an old 12V cordless drill, some allthread rod, and a rattle can of yellow paint. Just need a DPDT switch.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
my blower (1995 42") is missing the manual spout control but for 90$ sure seems this is the one to replace it with

Does it come with the bottom "triangle" mounting bracket??

got a link?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I like it.
My first vehicle was '47 Jeep and it had a hand pump to lift the plow. We sure have come a long way. (yes, I know this doesn't lift the plow but you get my drift)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts