My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

Earlier this year, I bought my first house and my first mower (2021 Simplicity Broadmoor w/ 48" fabricated deck, B&S Pro 23hp, K57, power steering) and am exploring snow-removal options.
My current driveway isn't huge, but I'm thinking ahead for the future when I buy more land and/or a bigger property. Plus, I just bought this machine and darn it, I want to use it more than half the year if I can. And a little more self-justification, my neighbor warned me I'll get a good-sized snow-drift at the end of my driveway. So I appreciate that the same money could buy me a very nice walk-behind thrower, but that just doesn't seem like as much fun to me.

With that out of the way, I have the opportunity to buy a ~1yr old lightly used (pavement only) 2-stage 42" blower attachment that fits my Simplicity and I just want input as to whether or not it's a reasonable deal. The blower itself (model 1695360, not including the subframe mount and lift mechanism) is offered at $1,349 versus $1,599 for a brand-new one (not including a freight charge). Essentially, by buying a slightly used model, I'd be saving $250 and the freight charge. I'm okay with used, but I don't know what to expect in terms of depreciation on these things (can't find any of this model on eBay).

Any thoughts?

· Registered
01-03 Legacy
164 Posts
IMO if you’re getting the sub & lift frames along with the blower for that price you’re doing fine, if it’s just the blower, it’s up to you whether you see sufficient value at that price. IMO ((again) used parts, in good condition, should be appx 50% of new retail, more desirable or hard to find parts adding some to the value and common parts decreasing the value. Condition obviously affects the value adjustment as well. That’s my 2 cents, you can judge whether its even worth face value.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.