My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure the year of my DLT 3000.
It's a 42" with Briggs and Stratton 18.5 hp. Under the hood it says 24839 model number needed for snow blower attachment. Wondering what other brands/ model numbers would fit as well or do I have to go with a Craftsman brand?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Not sure the year of my DLT 3000.
It's a 42" with Briggs and Stratton 18.5 hp. Under the hood it says 24839 model number needed for snow blower attachment. Wondering what other brands/ model numbers would fit as well or do I have to go with a Craftsman brand?
In terms of what you could do, you're limited in some ways and not in others. It's hard because a snowblower for these tractors may not be easy to find. Your mower is probably a 2003-2004 model most likely. You may have to pick one up used. It will be harder to find since virtually no one really bought them. I've only ever seen one on them maybe a couple times. You may be better off just buying a plow, but I don't know the type of snow you're dealing with. Best bet would be find one that has one already. Maybe buy it separately from the listing or just buy the whole thing and sell the tractor after you remove the blower and the components. That's the problem, is that in most cases when you buy one of these separately in a listing, they don't come with all the brackets and mounts. The correct snow blower for your tractor is the 24837 model. Good luck finding it. It's been discontinued even though that's one of several blowers that tractor could use.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,572 Posts
Check with tractor dealers in your area. They sometimes take in old tractors in trade, along with any attachments the owners may have had.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts