My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahh, the kiss of death. I bought a used 47" snow blower for my X495. Everything worked out great and the seller was really responsive, no complaints there. BUT the "equipment shaft" that came on the blower is about 10" too short. Frankly it looks like the shaft was designed for use with the blower and the tractor without the quick hitch. The shaft that I think I need looks similar to BM25772 but I am not sure. The shaft should be about 16" long with possible telescoping to fit up to the long shaft from the PTO. If the shaft goes directly from the blower to the long shaft then it has a differential knuckle at one end, is telescoping, and has a female quick disconnect at the other that hooks up to the male end of the PTO long shaft. If the shaft is just a stub shaft then it would have a male end and a female QD at the PTO shaft. Does anyone have any ideas of the part?

·
3,301 Posts
Depending on where you live you should be able to find a shop that specializes in drive shafts that can make it up

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm also wondering if I might use the 62C mower deck drive for my snow blower drive shaft. The length works but not sure about the mower stub shaft diameter vs the snow blower stub shaft

·
Premium Member
9,364 Posts
If you are asking about the mid-PTO on the tractor, yes, you connect the blower pto shaft to the same pto as the mid mount mower deck. You may have the wrong pto shaft. The 2WD and 4WD tractors use the same quick hitches but different pto drive shafts. The 2WD blower drive shaft is longer than the 4WD one. Both connect to the mid-pto under the tractor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are asking about the mid-PTO on the tractor, yes, you connect the blower pto shaft to the same pto as the mid mount mower deck. You may have the wrong pto shaft. The 2WD and 4WD tractors use the same quick hitches but different pto drive shafts. The 2WD blower drive shaft is longer than the 4WD one. Both connect to the mid-pto under the tractor.

My long PTO shaft extends from the rear PTO/transmission to just in front of the frame at the front wheels. Perhaps this is too short. But I think the equipment shaft (the shaft that ties into the blower) is not the right one. I believe the right one should have a female knuckle at the blower end and a quick disconnect slip fit at the long shaft from the PTO. It is the blower shaft that I am wondering about. And I am also wondering if i can use the shaft from my mower deck but wonder if the gear box input shaft diameter of the two pieces of equip are the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts