My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home today and the River Birches in the front yard have already started dropping leaves. So I went to the local Snapper agent and bought a mulch plug and a new Ninja blade (boy was THAT sticker shock, $38.00 for a 21 inch blade!) and put them on the new to me mower. Here is what happened next:

Does a pretty good job.

In her work clothes (dirty) and I need to re-route that blade stop cable.

That's better, and the Stihl BR 400 took care of the driveway while it was at it.

Joe

·
Registered
432 Posts
Nice! Leaf relief! Do u have to use the engine-kill handle to stop your mower or is there a 'stop' position on the throttle? Ever considered removing the kill handle and cable?

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
What you really want for leaves is a Snapperizer- wait until you see what that costs and then talk about "sticker shock". It does, however, work very well, but with the standard blade, not a Ninja, which was designed for mulching grass. It reduces their volume by about 10:1, but the leaves must be dry for it to work effectively.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snapperfreak,
No there is not a stop position on my throttle, but there is a provision for it on the engine so I guess I could. I have not thought about taking off the safety bail.

rscurtis,
I used to work for a Snapper dealer and you are correct, the Snapperizer works great but boy is it pricey!

LBO,
My model tag is long gone but I believe the frame is a 216515BV or close and the engine is a FJ180V-CS23.

Joe

·
Mowerholic
1,127 Posts
Doesnt matter what blade you have. If you have a snapper, with a Kawi on it, you dont even have to fire it up. Just park in the middle of the yard and the leaves will jump in the bag just from fear :) .............. Nice Snapper!

·
2 Strokes Rule EPA Drools
405 Posts
I just got a snapper with the wisconsin engine on it with a snapperizer I am going to use it for leaves and burr oak acorns how much more suction fo the extra bolt on high lift wings Give the mower.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lawnboy-5247,

The lift kit will give the mower an incredible amount of lift, probably in the neighborhood of 80% or so over just the blade, but you need a good deal of power to make it perform. Really, anything less than 6 HP or so, the lift kit slows the engine down so drastically it actually will not bag as well as just the standard blade without the lifts.

I was having a problem with my 180V wanting to stall under a heavy load, took a while but finally figured out it was because one of the governor springs was not tight. Tightened it up and back to full power. It WILL stall out in thick Bermuda with the Ninja blade on, mulch plug in, and in third gear or higher but then again so did my Honda, so I guess that is okay.

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.