My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am a newbie...I just received a FREE Snapper SR120 model #281013BE. My friend's father was moving and wanted to get it off his hands, and coincidentally enough my self-propelled walk behind mower just died. I got the blade sharpened, oil changed/tuned up and the shop said it looked pretty good to them.

My question is what is the reputation of these? Any product history? I think this was bought in '93 originally, what can I expect from it? There doesn't appear to be any rust on this, and it seems to have been kept very well. I have a small yard (maybe 2/3 acre lawn) that is mostly flat with a small area of a decent hill.

I downloaded the manual from Snapper already, but is there any other advice anyone has for a rookie?

Thanks,
Lee

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Snapper RER's are great little mowers. They cut very well on flat lawns, but don't do hill's very well. Of course this depends on the incline.

They have a good reputation as a good mower, and most parts are still available for repairs. It should make you a nice mower if your incline is not to steep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tommy. I do have a very small area of a hill, I don't think it is too steep, I should be able to manage, but 90% of my yard is flat. Can I get attachments to tow behind it, like an aerator?

Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
You should be able to buy an aerator to pull behind it at a Farm Supply Store, local Lawn Mower Shop, or even Wally World.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Snappers are great mowers, they have a long history and my dad owned a Snapper walk behind and it last 20 years, you don't see many mowers lasting that long today. Good deal, I think you will enjoy it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the snapper RER out for a spin tonight, good stuff. I need to hone my skills on how to approach the lawn, but it was pretty speedy and gave a nice cut. It does cut shorter (even on the highest setting) than I am used to, but that is ok...I thought my lawn was pretty flat, but on the snapper I felt all the lumps...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I am a newbie...I just received a FREE Snapper SR120 model #281013BE. My friend's father was moving and wanted to get it off his hands, and coincidentally enough my self-propelled walk behind mower just died. I got the blade sharpened, oil changed/tuned up and the shop said it looked pretty good to them.

My question is what is the reputation of these? Any product history? I think this was bought in '93 originally, what can I expect from it? There doesn't appear to be any rust on this, and it seems to have been kept very well. I have a small yard (maybe 2/3 acre lawn) that is mostly flat with a small area of a decent hill.

I downloaded the manual from Snapper already, but is there any other advice anyone has for a rookie?

Thanks,
Lee
Lee,
Don't let this mower fool you. If you keep regular maintenance on her, she will last literally generations. I have had several of the snapper models and currently own the sr120 I purchased from a friend for $100.00 and it had been sitting for 8 years in his small shed with no doors on the shed. I brought it to my friend Bob Drapp (8 time national Harley Davidson Drag Race Champion) and he worked his magic on the
10 h/p Briggs & Stratton engine. I WILL always keep this mower in top shape because it is like a glock you will not be dissatisfied. Honestly Lee you didn't get it as a gift, You Were Blessed with a miracle of a mower. Trust me, invest in it but, if you ever sell it I will buy it in that condition for $500.00. My suggestion is keep it, have kids, teach them how to use it and you will be happy. Erik @ 863-206-6564 [email protected] be safe Happy Easter and may God bless you

·
Registered
518 Posts
Lee,
Don't let this mower fool you. If you keep regular maintenance on her, she will last literally generations. I have had several of the snapper models and currently own the sr120 I purchased from a friend for $100.00 and it had been sitting for 8 years in his small shed with no doors on the shed. I brought it to my friend Bob Drapp (8 time national Harley Davidson Drag Race Champion) and he worked his magic on the
10 h/p Briggs & Stratton engine. I WILL always keep this mower in top shape because it is like a glock you will not be dissatisfied. Honestly Lee you didn't get it as a gift, You Were Blessed with a miracle of a mower. Trust me, invest in it but, if you ever sell it I will buy it in that condition for $500.00. My suggestion is keep it, have kids, teach them how to use it and you will be happy. Erik @ 863-206-6564 [email protected] be safe Happy Easter and may God bless you
Eric, you should have a moderator delete your post and start over. You've posted your name, phone number, and e-mail address for the whole world to see. It's a cruel world out there, now probably more than ever...be safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts