My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 strokes forever!
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the spring coil wrap around the governor rods before hooking to the ends? In other words, does the rod insert through the spring coil? If someone that has a running mower could post a picture of this area, it would be most helpful. Thanks.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Does the spring coil wrap around the governor rods before hooking to the ends? In other words, does the rod insert through the spring coil? If someone that has a running mower could post a picture of this area, it would be most helpful. Thanks.
I have one. Unfortunately, I don't quite understand what your getting at? Can you elaborate a little more? I can do what I can to help... I've been off this site for quite awhile so posting pictures may have changed..I dunno but I'll try to help you. I'm going to guess that the rod does go through the spring but tomorrow after work I'll try to remember to check mine. Mines in really good shape and original so I doubt its been modified...not by me anyways.

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
I think he's asking if the spring goes over the rod (so the rod goes down the center of the spring), or if it go alongside the rod.

·
2 strokes forever!
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, what dave r clarified.

Indy- can you take a pic of that area to show detail?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts