My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a snapper rider with a 94 Briggs & Stratton model 289707 12.5 hp. The coil appears to be good at 4.65 ohms, new plug with .030 gap. Coil air gap at .012, ignition switch good, disconnected kill wire from coil just to be sure it's not grounded somewhere, still no spark. Could the stator cause this no spark condition? For the heck of it, turn over the flywheel, held the plug connector, didn't get a shock. Any ideas what to check for now.....Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is also good. I also installed a new coil, just to check, same no spark

·
Senior MTF Poster
12,970 Posts
You don't say what Snappe you have. The RER have an "Interlock" module under the panel under the seat on the right side as you are sitting in seat which has a habit of failing. Disconnect the kill wire a engine terminal and see if you have spark. If you do, likely module.
Walt Conner

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
While I'm not the Briggs expert Walt is , If all grounds are dis-connected from coil, and still no spark maybe flywheel magnets bad?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't say what Snappe you have. The RER have an "Interlock" module under the panel under the seat on the right side as you are sitting in seat which has a habit of failing. Disconnect the kill wire a engine terminal and see if you have spark. If you do, likely module.
Walt Conner
I got it running, it was the kill wire after all, thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got rid of all the kill switches on my Snapper rer mower to simplify the wiring and reduce down time.

·
Senior MTF Poster
12,970 Posts
I got rid of all the kill switches on my Snapper rer mower to simplify the wiring and reduce down time.
While I fully sympathize with your sentiment, for your own protection, be carefully about announcing it publicly. Note that the Feds. frown on doing or encouraging such things and you never know who is dropping in plus there is a question of posting rules here.
Walt Conner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts