My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a curb and broke the flange on the spindle off the housing. The bearings are in good condition so I would like to just replace the housing. How do I remove the bearings from the housing?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Is the spindle removed from the deck,or still on the deck?The housing P/N 7050696,has the 2 bearings, the top is retained by 2 snap rings the lower bearing is held in by a shoulder on the shaft and the blade holder. The top pulley is removed(notice the washers under the brake drum they are important when re-assembling)remove the brake drum and the shaft can be driven downward,removing the shaft and the lower bearing,after removing the top snap ring the top bearing is removed.Do you have the parts list? the illustrations make the layout easier to understand,use the "Spindle" and the "Brake,belts and interlock"illustrations.The spindles and housings are the same for almost all the single blade RER's(25,26,28,30,&33").

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the spindle out if the deck and was looking at just replacing the housing and not the shaft and bearings. The problem is removing the bearings. After some further research, it appears that replacing the entire assembly is the prudent repair.
Thanks for your help. I hope it goes back together as easy as it came apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts