My Tractor Forum banner

Snapper RER loss of speed?

1969 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  NOVAZ27
my 1974 snapper has lost a lot of speed. In the 5th position it now goes about as fast as it used to in the 2nd position. I read somewhere to put a dab of oil on the drive wheel. I did that and it did not improve. My drive wheel is pretty chewed up. There is a posibility my motor is not reving as high as it used to as well.
1 - 2 of 9 Posts

Sorry for the late post,I've been fighting "photobucket"for several days.This illustration,is from an earlier series,and since we don't know yours,it will have to do.The flexible cable (outer) is usually clamped near where the "inner"cable attaches to the throttle linkage.this clamp may have loosened.dis-connect there,and move the engine bracket ( where the inner cable attached to the linkage).This way you don't bypass the governor,( by moving the arm on the carb.) and chance over-revving,the engine. move the throttle arm to it's limit,and you should be able to hear any difference.
See less See more

Here's an illustration,from the "series 1,2,&3 service manual.This is where the rubber disc should be adjusted to,as suggested by NOVAZ27.Do you still have a "1" speed?
if it's that far off.the rubber disc might be in the center hole(N) in the 1 position
See less See more
1 - 2 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.