My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 snapper RER with an 8 hp Briggs and Stratton. The throttle has almost no adjustment between off and high rpms. Does anyone have a throttle linkage / carburetor diagram or picture that I can refer to? I have a feeling something is stuck or missing???

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
prob need to clean the carb linkages, or throttle cable, or clean out the carb with spray carb cleaner, could also be a small intake leak around the carb to intake or intake to head, also a carb rebuild could fix it, try the easy stuff first

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What part on the motor could cause a leak?

I forgot to mention that I rebuilt the carb and cleaned the engine. A spring on
the carb linkage needs to be attached (but not sure where).

Thanks,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I run the motor, in high rpms, one of the arms (movable parts) on the carb (the one with the adjustable spring and screw on it) moves back and forth causing the rpms to go up and down every few seconds. Is there a way to check for vacuum leaks?

·
Registered
596 Posts
WD-40 works for this. Just spray it around suspected vacuum leaks & listen for a change in smoothness. This is all I use WD-40 for anymore, since better penetrating oils have become available.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The one spring that I think your talking about is a long one from the carb to the throttle control on the side of the engine that is a anti vibration spring that keeps the linkage snug if it is broken the the engine will still run fine, its job is to keep the linkage from vibrating and wearing out it has nothing to do with engine control.
Check that your govener is working and the linkage is not binding up on some thing and all is smooth operating if so then you will need to open up the engine and check your govener wieghts.

·
flop
82 Posts
the throttle bracket control (694042) are notorious for failing on snapper rers because when you stand one on end to change blade if any acid leaks it goes directly to that throttle plate. you cant buy the white tab you have to buy plate and it usually is about twenty skins. thanks have a good weekend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts