My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm searching to see if Snapper's older RER's serial numbers and model numbers have any significance. I have what I originally thought to be a '74 model but am now wondering if it's a '73 instead. The model number is 2650 with a serial number of 307707. Does this indicate it was built in '73, is a 26" cut with a 5hp engine? Original engine has been replaced/upgraded to a 8hp Tecumseh but if I remember correctly, I was told it originally had a 5hp engine.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Your mower is a 26" deck 5HP series"0"usually called "Comet" it may say "Comet"on it or not.Snapper seemed to use series numbers instead of model years,ordering parts or finding service information,etc. you would use the series number. A series was often built and sold for several years.

·
Registered
531 Posts
dc3 is correct. You can't pin down the exact year on these things. My family had a Snapper dealership from 76 til the early 90s. I believe the first series we sold were "1" so your 73-74 assumption is probably about right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.