My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a lawn tractor newbie and looking for my first lawn tractor. I was wondering if the 400 increase to the 2042 from the 125 is worth it? From some of the research I have done it seems that there is just a few more bells and whistles on the 2042 but the tractor build and longevity seem to be the same. The dealer said to make sure you get the 38 or 42 deck as they are snapper decks but stay away from the 46 in the 100 series because they are cheaper made Murray decks. Any advice?

I am also looking at the Deeere LA135 but leaning towards the Snappers.

:thanku:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my LT 20 years ago and it is still in like new condition. The snapper has grease fittings on everything and is the key to longevity. The cheaper brands do not and that is why their parts wear out. Snapper also used a full perimeter frame instead of a stamped piece of metal that doubles as the chassis. As long as you service it once a year and at least keep it covered, it should be the only mower you will ever have to buy. My neighbor just bought a new Deer and it doesn't have a full frame. As a foot note, I have not seen the latest offering from Snapper, but as long as they have not cheapened up their manufacturing process, that is what I would buy. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts