My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I have an LT 12 Snapper, 12.5 horse power, twin cylinder Briggs & S motor. The wiring is "cooked" on it. I want to redue it for my wife and use it as a yard & garden tractor (no mowing). I have the wire diagram(s). I have, replaced the start switch, replace the circuit breaker, seat switch is functioning (which I will take out later), replaced the solenoid and the battery has a charge. When I turn the ignition key nothing happens with the Starter. When I jumper the large poles on the solenoid (not the spade poles) the starter kicks in. Using a meter, when I turn the key to Start, there is no power across the solenoid spade terminals or the large terminals. What am I missing? Is the "module" possibly bad?

So, nothing is happening with the Starter that I can feel or hear. When I do turn the ignition key to "On", I can hear the clutch click (and feel). When I turn the ignition key to "Start" the clutch clicks again (there are two stages of clicks & I feel it in the clutch). The only thing not replaced the best I can tell is the "module" and "blade" switch. Is the clutch activating good or bad when the key is turned to "on" and then "start"? Is something crossed?

I have more to check on with charging circuit side of things which I expect to have problems with since a self professed as qualified, former friend, can to help and showed me how to rewire the tractor when you want to see pretty blue smoke come from the motor which I think was the voltage regulator.

Your help and advise anyone please starting from the beginning,,again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.